how to counter olaf?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Asylumseeker

02-12-2011

So ive had a few games with or against him and he really just obliterates squishys. Without the ability to CC him what do you do? Last game i was playing cass and he would come straight at me. i couldnt stop him with anything i had as he was ulting so he was just running around hitting me really hard. I even had some armor but did nothing. Any ideas?

LoveYuRi

02-12-2011

He does true damage, all armor/magic resistance r ignore.
If he gets fed, the best way to is slow him down (raudin omen, exhaust and stuff and try and gank him.

thelost1

02-12-2011

yea olaf is a beffy carry that really really does hurt i come up against him a few times and got annialated

hydrogencar

02-12-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveYuRi View Post
If he gets fed, the best way to is slow him down (raudin omen, exhaust and stuff and try and gank him.
Only his E deals true damage lol.
Also just straight up focus him.
He might build a Frozen Mallet to have tons of HP but his armor/magic res will be low usually. Just burst him, gank him try to kite him.

Asylumseeker

02-12-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveYuRi View Post
but none of that works when he ults..i tried rylais slow, my ult stun and exhaust. didnt really do anything to him..

power2go3

02-12-2011

Countering Olaf is easy
Just focus him.

RoflTroll

02-12-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asylumseeker View Post
but none of that works when he ults..i tried rylais slow, my ult stun and exhaust. didnt really do anything to him..
If he ults, Q him to get your speed boost up and run away, dodge his axe(if you get hit by the axe...well....your fault)

You can also simply build really tanky, like Rod of Ages, Rylai. These two should give you around 2700 HP at the end, if you can't survive him for his ult's duration with that...try adding Hourglass in there.

Assuming his ult works on ticks damage, Cass is pretty weak against him with it up (all 3 ticks of your Q would get reduced, each tick of W would, each E would, etc)

Your only option is to survive his 8 seconds of bro and starts to kite him from there.

Cenerae

02-12-2011

If you can't focus him down, then just run away until his ult wears off. You can't do any damage if you're dead, after all.