Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

L0CUST's Champion Tier List

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

octivate

01-24-2010

Quote:
Oneironaut:
LOLOL

Anivia far out-shines Karthus.

Even I know that I'm ****ing terribad at this game.

karthus has a long range multi target slow/magic resist debuff, mana regen from kills, best farm ability of any caster, a spamable nuke, a pulsing aoe and an autohit nuke for an ult.

anivia was ranked lower than annie (crazy as well i might at) as well, but what does she really have on karthus, egg and wall? karthus with rylais is 10x better than anivia with much better range.

the only thing you seem to know is your terribad.

Slurpy

01-24-2010

Quote:
tC 00:
lol @ lack of love for this tier list ...

questions:

1. sivir. why exactly is she top tier? i know that she's a fast pusher and has a great team buff ulti. BUT it seems her role is to snipe a tower quickly when enemies are down and her team buff is only very good when your team has a (2+sivir) of physical dmg carries, the "right click" variety like ashe or tristana. my opinion is based on lack of experience however.

Mobility is the name of the game right now. It's the same reason TF's ult is extremely strong in a 5v5 team fight. If you can slow the enemy team, or in this case go faster than the enemy team, you can kite them around. Ever notice that someone can get away with just a sliver of health with sivir ult (or with Anivia perma-slowing the enemy team)?

Also, like you said, she's very good at pushing and is generally built to PvE well, which is also very important (controlling dragon/runes/being able to baron quickly). She is a good support to a carry.

Finally, the movement speed buff makes it easy to initiate. Also, everyone is attacking faster, and therefore its basically a static damage buff for your team. Similar to Taric's ult (or rally for that matter).

Slurpy

01-24-2010

Quote:
Karrot:
Poppy is worthless? I mean, I know he's not as uber as some people say, but worthless? Or is that for next patch?

In terms of pub stomping, she is like eve. She can practically 2-shot people right now with very few items. In a competitive level, however, she simply can not get farmed because she does not have the survivability early game. Unless she's going against a terribad comp in his lane, she can't get the gold he needs to be a killing machine. Granted, if she gets 2-3 kills early on, it's pretty much good game, but that's about how it is for any character nowadays.

Pretty much look at any other "tank" character. They all do either awesome cc/utility (alistar/malphite), or have some way to buff their damage by a significant amount (nasus/blitzcrank). (Note: Not saying to build blitz damage, however power fist + the W ability makes his damage pretty decent for a tank)

Now, if Poppy gets to level 16, she is ******edly strong. But because most competitive games (not necessarily just high elo pubs, but 5v5 premades) start having team fights and team objectives at level 6, Poppy is not as strong then. If she ult's the carry, the carry can just kill her quickly =\. If she ults a tank and then attacks the carry, she's not doing much damage. She's one of those ignorable champions for the duration of her ult.

The next patch will make her pretty much completely useless because they are nerfing her damage, survivability, and fixing the bug on Q.

Slurpy

01-24-2010

Quote:
Morbis:
really interesting list. nice to see what the people who know how to play the game think. I am extremely surprised to see teemo in the worthless category, explanation on that one please.

Teemo Explanation:

Why do people think teemo is good? Because he supposedly brings map awareness as well as a 4 (?) second blind. So let's talk about these two abilities.

1. The blind:
How do you plan on blinding their carry as teemo? Do you plan on running past the two tanks both with either an AoE stun or a single target stun? So once you get past those two, are you going to tank the enemy caster(s) nuke(s)? Seems pretty self-explanatory that you would never be able to get a blind off on the enemy's carry, unless they were melee. And seeing as ranged carry's are far better than melee in most (MOST) situations, good luck blinding them.
2. Mushrooms:
Oracles. Wards. Oracles. Wards. Oracles. Wards. Oracles. Competitive 5v5 premade, and most high elo games end the laning phase at around level 6 (level 8 for the solos). Oracles completely negate mushrooms, and only slightly help map awareness. With the addition of wards, there really is no need to choose a champion based on having pseudo-wards. Also, completely useless in a team fight unless you're lucky enough that a fight ends up around your mushroom. And don't try to tell me you're going to run into the middle of 5 people to lay a mushroom down in a team fight.

So, what does Teemo have going for him? His other two abilities are worth jack squat in a team fight. They are semi-decent for early game laning and escape from possible ganks, but in a high tier 5v5 premade, its very difficult to gank unless you're TF, or have Teleport summoner ability (rare).

Also, meglings are far superior to yordles, and therefore Tristana is better in every way.

I hope that explanation was sufficient. Feel free to bash.
/flameon

DragonArmy

01-24-2010

Quote:
L0CUST:
my threads seem to attract some good posting, hope the riot reps are watching

Thank you for posting in the General Chat. Nice post.

Please understand everyone else that while everyone's top tier list is different, this is a very good list and LOCUS deserves a little respect. LOCUST is one of the top players. By top, I mean he is in the 99.9% of players out there. Please don't knock him until you have seen him play--he is a player that has been sponsored to travel to play live.

He is the type of guy who is paid to play.

Until you are payed to play LOL, please don't, "whoa dude, you are so noob, I can own with my favorite champ! You know nothing".

However, could you explain Morgana? A few months ago she was tier 1. However, I find that I can't get her ult off successfully because she dies instantly now. Her skill shot is just mediocre. Do you run blink with her?

Patyrn

01-24-2010

Singed is at least tier 3. Tier 5? Really?

Cryang

01-24-2010

S: Twisted Fate, Blitzcrank

A: Annie, Twitch, Anivia, Corki, Cho'Gath, Shaco

B: Morgana, Nidalee, Kayle, Gangplank, Kassadin, Alistar, Malphite. Nasus. Amumu, Master Yi, Singed, Poppy, Teemo, Veigar, Ryze, Udyr, Karthus

C: Katarina, Nunu, Sion, Rammus, Heimerdinger, Fiddlesticks, Sivir, Taric, Tryndamere, Tristana

D: Ashe, Dr. Mundo, Jax, Janna, Soraka, Zilean, Warwick, Evelynn

TiberiusAudley

Adjudicator

01-24-2010

Quote:
Cryang:

C: Sivir,

What?

Cryang

01-24-2010

Quote:
TiberiusAudley:
What?

I just don't like her, at all.

Slurpy

01-24-2010

Quote:
DragonArmy:

However, could you explain Morgana? A few months ago she was tier 1. However, I find that I can't get her ult off successfully because she dies instantly now. Her skill shot is just mediocre. Do you run blink with her?

She is no longer tier 1 for those exact reasons. Her ult is hard to get off and it makes blink mandatory on her. Her skill shot is only mediocre, and the AoE **** is just pathetic.

What makes her shine is the same thing that made her good months ago, the black shield. It's more of a "skill shot" now, however, because you have to preemptively use it. Black shield + a carry or certain heroes like katarina is just deadly. However, she is similar to Kayle in that beyond her Black Shield, her abilities are just "meh."