Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

L0CUST's Champion Tier List

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Bait

Recruiter

01-24-2010

they didn't even touch turtle. they only made it better by reducing cd. bear was slightly reduced, hardly noticeable.

kFrog

01-24-2010

I guess it would be interesting to play in a game or two with the folks that Locust plays with. My buddies and I play a lot of your T1-2 heroes, but we also have a lot of success running Zilean, Mundo, Nunu and Janna.

I also don't agree with Fids being in T1, but that is just me. I often play Janna, and she kinda puts the lid on Fiddlesticks when you trade ultimates. Nunu, in my opinion, is an excellent harass hero that becomes a very solid teammate late game with bloodlust. For some reason we seem to have a lot of luck with Mundo on our team (the guy who runs our Mundo also ran our PoTM in dota), and Zilean has always been a favorite teammate of mine.

I'm curious to see the heroes that you guys play, and how often you guys even bother playing the T3-5+. I mean, I won't lie, even a good player is going to struggle with a champ they don't play often (against other good players), and especially as of late, I've been seeing a lot of very interesting builds from those T3-5+ champs that really make them viable teammates. Battle Janna for instance (an excellent tower pusher), kinda like peanut butter and celery, don't knock it til you try it I always say.

Drake Tseng

01-24-2010

L0cust, not sure if you reading all your replies, but please explain Corki a bit. Specify dps/ap for me too please. He's among the heros I know the least about.

Bait

Recruiter

01-24-2010

o.O corki isn't REALLY top tier. he lacks survivability and cc. but locust plays well/often so he placed in in tier 1. most top players wouldn't agree.

Kahrumar

01-25-2010

Corki is definitely top tier because of the pure raw dmg it can produce with gattling gun. He has a blind which is an anti carry mechanism, when you grab flash you are realistically ungankable til the laning stage ends (if you play a bit smart). His ulti is on a very short cd great harrasment and getting runaway brides down. Also his R makes sheen(or trinity force) an excellent candidate for him, with his passive sheened auto attacks are scary.

In general tho, my guess for l0cust putting corki in tier 1 is the gattling gun, its a very valuable - armor debuff if you pick up black cleaver on the way you are going to dish out serious damage, and how many true carries have cc anyways? Twitch was considered to be the most overpowered carry not because he has cc but because he could destroy teams from distance, corki can do the same not from distance but can go in after a few stuns are blown get triple kills then valkyrie flash out to safety. The more and more I play with Corki, I can see he is going to be the best carry after the next series of nerfs to twitch.

kijik

Recruiter

01-25-2010

Quote:
kFrog:
I guess it would be interesting to play in a game or two with the folks that Locust plays with. My buddies and I play a lot of your T1-2 heroes, but we also have a lot of success running Zilean, Mundo, Nunu and Janna.

I also don't agree with Fids being in T1, but that is just me. I often play Janna, and she kinda puts the lid on Fiddlesticks when you trade ultimates. Nunu, in my opinion, is an excellent harass hero that becomes a very solid teammate late game with bloodlust. For some reason we seem to have a lot of luck with Mundo on our team (the guy who runs our Mundo also ran our PoTM in dota), and Zilean has always been a favorite teammate of mine.

I'm curious to see the heroes that you guys play, and how often you guys even bother playing the T3-5+. I mean, I won't lie, even a good player is going to struggle with a champ they don't play often (against other good players), and especially as of late, I've been seeing a lot of very interesting builds from those T3-5+ champs that really make them viable teammates. Battle Janna for instance (an excellent tower pusher), kinda like peanut butter and celery, don't knock it til you try it I always say.

well, Pr0 Valk and L0C are nigh inseparable most of the time, Pr0 has a thing for teemo, but pretty much just likes any hero that he doesn't consider OP, plays everything as long as it's under that guideline, he also makes use of very interesting builds. Valkrin usually picks to fit with the team, I see him either tanking or supporting with taric and the like. and L0CUST is the carry player more often than not, but he plays other things too..

basically, top tier players, sparing a couple (Qtips I'm looking at you! and myself to some extent =\) can play whatever role is needed and won't limit themselves to being a one trick pony and only playing one hero.

Shillelagh

01-25-2010

swap amumu and taric for kayle and morgana and its prolly an accurate list

BigAzza

01-25-2010

I have to agree with most of the list above. I'm a big Alistar and Nasus player and I have to say these guys often have a game-changing presence.

You can't just try and counter an argument by saying 'I own with X champion in the games I play, he's not worthless'. This list has obviously been made with teamfights in mind, and, I have to say, champs like Teemo perform pretty poorly in a team fight.

Teemo can blind one enemy, and focus fire another (or the same one). He has no nukes, no AoE or splash capabilities, and his native dps output is pretty poor. And on top of all of that, he's squishy. And in high Elo, teamfights win games. Not 1v1 ganks in the forest.

The only reason I'd argue his worth is because of his mushroom map control. Thats his strong point and he should always be playing with this in mind.

Slurpy

01-25-2010

Quote:
Bait:
o.O corki isn't REALLY top tier. he lacks survivability and cc. but locust plays well/often so he placed in in tier 1. most top players wouldn't agree.

Lacks survivability? Funny, you must forget that valkyrie isn't actually used for its damage output. Please point me to the carry that has more survivability than corki/trist. Oh also, point me to the carry that has hard cc on top of that, or rather point me at any carry with hard cc.

flankd

The Council

01-25-2010

Quote:
Slurpy:
Lacks survivability? Funny, you must forget that valkyrie isn't actually used for its damage output. Please point me to the carry that has more survivability than corki/trist. Oh also, point me to the carry that has hard cc on top of that, or rather point me at any carry with hard cc.

ashe has hard cc, duh.. l2p noob! ;-p