Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

L0CUST's Champion Tier List

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

L0CUST

The Council

01-24-2010

Quote:
ShloobeR:
how can sion be so low : (

Sion is strong, though he needs way too much farm to be effective.. and he is Melee

Quote:
tehm:
Tier 1 is ok other than fiddle; Annie is strictly better and she's tier 2.
Tier 2 is good though there's a real argument for amumu moving down one.
Singed is definitely tier 3, Rammus MAY be in there too. I'm VERY iffy on Morgana or Nidalee in these spots. I can make no comment on Kassadin but he is very rarely seen at high elo.
Kat is worthless, Heimerdinger is tier 5 at best after rockets fix.
Mundo is likely worthless but ONLY because of the cheapness of executioners, he SHOULD be a tier 3 or 4...

Teemo should be at least tier 5 if not 4, Veigar probably does need a rework but is at least as good as most of the tier 5s (though strictly inferior to annie), Janna is more like a tier 4.5 with the potential to be a T2-T3 physical carry if they just reworked her ultimate.

IMO anyways...

Singed at T5 is clearly either a joke or a very bad mistake ;p

Quick rundown here.

Annie needs way more farm than Fiddlesticks, who can silence a team.. and can jump in the jungle at anytime to give a player some solo XP time.

Amumu is at the low end of tier 2.. his ultimate can turn the tide of fights, and he can lock a player in place for a decent time. He is way undervalued.

Almost every top tier champions counters Singed.. and even then his fling is buggy making it not nearly as reliable as other tanks. He needs some love.

Similar to Singed, many top tier champions counter Rammus.. he also needs levels before he starts to get powerful, and there are better choices. Still, he is viable.. just weaker.

Both Nidalee and Morgana are very strong when played well. They take a bit of team work, but are well worth the investment

Kassadin needs some farm and levels, but she is difficult to kill and deals some solid damage and has a spamable AoE slow.. really good, but once again - she needs some teamwork to do well. (or just drag the game out)

Heimer and Katarina are two champions I haven't exactly decided on where to place them. I believe they are placed fairly well though.. however, I do agree both could use some tweaks.

Dr. Mundo.. He is nice because he can help your team kill baron/dragon fairly quickly. Also, he is difficult to kill. As stated previously, all the champions in the tier 5 and many in the tier 4 could use some minor adjustments, Mundo is no different.

Teemo is not Tier 5. Veiger is Not Tier 5. Giving gold to Jana so she can go physical.. Agreed.

AmPriS

Recruiter

01-24-2010

A fight in the jungle vs a team with a Fiddle is practically suicide. There is a high chance that every single member of your team will be silenced for a very long time.

L0CUST

The Council

01-24-2010

did some small tweaks, and took out pantheon and gragas

tehm

01-24-2010

Quote:
AmPriS:
A fight in the jungle vs a team with a Fiddle is practically suicide. There is a high chance that every single member of your team will be silenced for a very long time.

It's not that I'm saying Fiddle is bad... or even that he's worse than other characters which are T1. My contention was essentially that he suffers from one of the same problems as annie; in high end play between two premades there is basically one slot for a mage and experience of this exact situation (see solomid tournament(s)) shows that Annie gets the slot basically every time. If team composition forces you to always make a choice between the characters and one is strictly better then to my mind almost by definition one is the T1 choice and the others are simply not.

That's actually the same reason that I consider Singed and even lolRammus for T3; Nasus or Alistair ARE "the tank" choices, but if you aren't going to pick one of those two to my mind Singed is no worse than the alternatives; so they should all be the same tier. (Also both Singed and Rammus are tanks--a rather small subset of characters which merit at least one if not two slots in ANY premade... this leads to them being overrepresented in top tier play.)

Ironically, (I guess) this is I believe the same reason Morgana is being listed so high... you want either Kayle, Morgana, or both in a large number of static builds. I personally think Kayle is strictly better and I favor 2 tanks (a true and a hybrid) over 2 support (why I find non-kayle supports somewhat overvalued and hybrid tanks somewhat undervalued versus others I suppose), but I guess there is no strict definition for what is "the best" team composition yet...

AmPriS

Recruiter

01-24-2010

I have mixed feelings about Janna being out of your tier listing. Maybe it is just a problem with support characters and having an ultimate that requires channeling but, She really does brings a lot to a team. A snare, team movement speed boost, an aoe knockup that can seriously mess up the other team, a 'heal' that isn't mitigated by executioners calling, and an ultimate that can knock bad people away. Whenever I see a Janna that is comfortable with the tornado ability, she usually contributes to that team.

HowlingKommando

01-24-2010

Quote:
Redoubts:
I disagree. His AOE gives you early lane control at its second level. Either the opponent is utterly scared of my aoe, or their lack of deference makes them ripe for ganking.

That depends who you're laning against. However, chances are if you're talking by level 4, no way will you start winning the laning phase unless you're going Chalice or something with mana regen, and that's almost always not a good idea long term.

Anyways, I'll be the first to point out that if we're only discussing high ELO games and good teams, most of my gripes against Nasus don't matter. You don't have to worry about your teammates feeding the other team or uncalled ganks, and can just worry about keeping inline with the opponents as you build yourself up. Careful play and he'll be fine.

Spookie

Recruiter

01-24-2010

Quote:
Glink:

Twisted Fate, Tier 1?

Yes, If you don't agree with that then you have never played LoL

Semantic Memory

Recruiter

01-24-2010

Quote:
L0CUST:
I feel many of the champions are situational, and/or many of them are simply worse than others. Here we go! In a pre-made vs pre-made Match, this is how I would rank the Champions. They are Ranked by Tiers and Left to Right. If you want an explanation for a champion, just ask

Tier 1: Twisted Fate, Fiddlesticks, Sivir, Corki, Alistar
Tier 2: Malphite, Nasus, Anivia, Annie, Twitch, Taric, Amumu
Tier 3: Morgana, Nidalee, Kayle, Blitzcrank, Gangplank, Shaco, Tristana
Tier 4: Kassadin, Cho'Gath, Nunu, Katarina, Rammus, Sion, Karthus
Tier 5: Udyr, Heimerdinger, Master Yi, Ashe, Dr. Mundo, Singed, Jax

Fairly Worthless (need some love): Tryndamere, Veigar, Ryze, Janna, Poppy, Teemo, Soraka, Zilean, Warwick, Evelynn

-L0CUST

note1: the tiers are all relatively close, and become blurred depending on your/opponent's team makeup
note2: I believe everyone should know my tier list is more correct than all the others

Actually, I pretty much agree with most of the list, though I might put Kayle in Tier 2 for her use on a team. I don't know how I feel about Corki in tier 1, but its just opinion.

kijik

Recruiter

01-24-2010

Kassadin is a he locust, and he's tier 2 IMO but then again, takes a lot more skill to play so it's hard to gauge, I've been seeing some JOKE kassadins on my smurf, just sitting there wondering how they can fail so hard.

AmPriS

Recruiter

01-24-2010

Quote:
kijik:
Kassadin is a he locust, and he's tier 2 IMO but then again, takes a lot more skill to play so it's hard to gauge, I've been seeing some JOKE kassadins on my smurf, just sitting there wondering how they can fail so hard.

Kijik has a Hard-on for Kassadin