Patch Preview #4: Camera on Vacation

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

unifiedgamerz

02-15-2011

Frozen Heart/Glacial cost increase: Great, now tanks who are poor farmers are now screwed over from obtaining their needed CDR. Why break the game when the better answer was to change the CDR scaling of the couple tanky DPS champs that were advantaged by these items?

2GOSU4YOU

02-15-2011

thats what im saying unified, glacial already costs a grip. lets make mana req tanks completely miserable to play. i.e. amumu

RhynoD

02-15-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talisid View Post
The fact that you are even complaining about Yi at all makes me think you don't know what you are talking about. As a melee carry he's already at a serious disadvantage compared to ranged auto attackers like Tristana or Ashe.

The problem with Ramus is the fact that powerball+taunt is a guaranteed gank unless you flash or ward-block. Even placing spotting wards won't help some of the time you because by the time you see him rolling past your ward its too late, he's moving too fast for you to get to safety anyway. Its worse then jungle Eve, at least you can focus and kill her when she pops up. Ramus is also an excellent tower diver.
Who's complaining? Yi is just another champion. I'm not complaining about him, I'm complaining about people who use him. Not even everyone who uses him, just the people that use him and don't know what to do about answers to Yi other than ban them. People who play Yi and then whine about Rammus' taunt because heaven forbid someone actually be able to catch them and kill them. If you are not that Yi player, I'm not complaining about you.

And sure, it's a guaranteed gank...unless you have Banshee's Veil, or flash, or your own stun, taunt, or snare first, or you're playing as Gankplank, or Olaf, or Sivir, or Akali (who won't auto attack while stealthed), or any of the characters that go invisible first, or you keep minions in the way, or use wards/clairvoyance with intelligence, or your high-damage caster is smart and stays next to any of the above for support, or you keep Rammus at range with Sivir or Caitlyn, or you're just a good enough Udyr, or your entire team focuses Rammus once to kill him first...

"But wait, those are all great ways to get away from any control character!"

Why yes, they are. Rammus is a gank. He's also a tank. So what? Vlad and Mord are high damage tanks, Alistar can tank an entire team AND a turret and still take the turret, Kale might as well be a tank with her shield ability, a fully stacked Cho with a Leviathan can tank an entire team and then some, etc. etc. No character is broken, and some are more powerful than others. Rammus is powerful, yes, but easy enough to deal with if you bother learning how.

OE KingOfWolves

02-15-2011

To Riot and its Legions of Summoners alike

I am no pro and could be wrong but of almost all the champions I have viewed you have made in spotlights are advised to go CDR so wouldn't that mean that at least 20+ champions are going to suffer a major blow in your own design vision for them? For example hero's without mana are now going to have their 'unique' status changed to a serious flaw by limiting the ability use?(Witch is supposed to be the strength of no mana) Why not just adjust the scaling so that some champions aren't completely weakened by the CDR tweak while others don't benefit as much but still enough. Personally it seems like a big change that perhaps needs to be tested more, after all it will affect almost if not all champions in a big way. And besides game design is about the small things not the broad strokes, heck even changing it from a percent to a number and scaling it like most other stat's would fix the negatives without brining the stat itself's usefulness down.

As for Rammus changes he was a powerful tank but is an easy avoid until late (Where a tank should be able to go where he pleases) and had much of his power in skill and timing, what I believe was a focus for LOL. But perhaps the nerfs are necessary, as I stopped playing Rammus some time ago.
(I used to love tanking but when it began being hit this much its hard to imagine it being desirable again.)

Now to the Ryze change, I think he was fine though a little bland in the fun factor but he was strong. As for those thinking he will be more OP consider the idea of a cast spammer against just a little magic defence.
1 shot of 200dmg - 20defence per shot = 180dealt to target
4 shots of 50dmg - 20defence per shot = 120dealt to target
(This is all assuming that defence is calculated as a flat stat rather then percentage)
Seems like it will make him just as strong against all but tanks. Just the idea of a machine gun caster seams like fun but other champions are in need of major rework or tweaking rather then the poster child.

Anyway these are my two(3) cents in the matter and hopefully will help other players or perhaps even assist you (Riot) as developers. After all seeing the coin from another side can change ones perception of balance in a world based on view.

From the one who animates that without motion,
Anima Fabrica

Korgwar

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-15-2011

Would be good if you also update the http://www.leagueoflegends.com/items web page once changes are made.

Zodiacc

02-15-2011

just want to know the date of when this patch will be.

Sin City Bre

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-16-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valenten View Post
mundo does need a nerf on his health regen at least cause he is way to hard to take down....
Mundo is easy to take out. Use ignite or buy executioner's calling and it cuts his ult down.

RegalCabbage

02-16-2011

THANK GOD for fail Vlad nerfs

Sin Valmar

02-16-2011

Hey.....yea so you guys said you wanted to fix IP so we got the most out of our time? .........yea i was just in a match for an hour and 20 minuts and I walked away from it with a grand total of 58 IP.....so yea....might wanna fix that....

Cambios

Recruiter

02-16-2011

When I saw the title of this thread "Camera on Vacation", I thought maybe the Riot devs finally decided to stop being stubborn donkeys and actually give players a decent zoom out.

That is still far and away the most cripplingly lame and ruinous aspect of LoL. As successful as the game is, the horrible, zoomed in, "playing with blinders on" feel of the game turns away millions.

But now they got their $400 million buyout from Tencent, and I doubt they'll be giving a craap about what players want or think any time soon.

Do you think before that buyout they would have released a new champion and had a broken shop on the same day? Heck no. They wanted that money. But now, they don't need the money so they don't give a craap.