[RP Event] 1.3 - Beyond the Great Barrier ~ A Dark History

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

K D Bonez

02-23-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shurelia View Post
Gregg turned to look at Sebastian and smiled, obviously consumed by his euphoria. "I've waited all of my life for this, Sebastian." Gregg completely ignored Sebastian's frightening transformation, and began to walk towards the center of the Mesa.

"Come friends, we stand here, in the midst of revolution and salvation!"

"And what exactly does "Salvation" entails? For all I know I could be walking into the Terror of the Voids mouth" Sebastian asked, chuckling a bit as his grim humor. Entering a hidden village inside a mesa is one thing, this was a bit further down the list.

Necromonger

02-23-2011

"Oh great, another renegade wizard nutcase... and something big moving in town." Scarlet had Belmont return to her hand, and had its normally smooth surface transform into something akin to shark skin... a whip of metallic sandpaper.

"I might really have to actually be the good guy... girl... here today." she muttered to herself, the tension about to be broken.

Shurelia

Associate Game Designer

02-23-2011

Gregg simply ignored Sebastian as he reached the center of the room. At the center of the room was a stone door with a picture of a spiral.

Along the spiral were 6 circles, each circle depicting a person holding a ball with a spiral on it.

At the very center of the setup, on top of the picture was an a bowl on a pedestal... the bowl held 19 balls.

5 of the balls were yellow.
5 of the balls were blue.
5 of the balls were red.
4 of the balls were green.

A writing on the bowl read:

"The six who offer the elements, will discover the root of the elements."

Gregg's euphoria faded... "Another trial?!?! We are so close! Help me my friends, we will discover true power! This is why I have brought you my friends... we need to offer the elements together!"

K D Bonez

02-23-2011

"Hrmp, it seems he needed us to solve a puzzle more then defend him. How droll. Oh well, let's take a look at this" Sebastian mused, walking up to the platform. "Hrm, six figures, nineteen balls, a big spiral, and spiral on the balls.....this one is defiantly more tricky then the one to get in here to say the least" he mused, honestly stumped with this puzzle. This was a rare occurance, and something he couldn't pass up. Might not be as exciting as a fight, but was just as intellectually stimulating.

l RP l

"Hrm, this can't be all there is... could there be tiny inscriptions along the spiral or something?" he muttered, getting closer to the door to take a closer look.

Hotarukin

02-23-2011

| RP |

Tobias steps forward, grabbing a red and blue ball from the bowl. "I'll hold whichever type you'd like. I'd assume we have to charge them in some way, perhaps elementally so?"

Shurelia

Associate Game Designer

02-23-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by K D Bonez View Post
"Hrmp, it seems he needed us to solve a puzzle more then defend him. How droll. Oh well, let's take a look at this" Sebastian mused, walking up to the platform. "Hrm, six figures, nineteen balls, a big spiral, and spiral on the balls.....this one is defiantly more tricky then the one to get in here to say the least" he mused, honestly stumped with this puzzle. This was a rare occurance, and something he couldn't pass up. Might not be as exciting as a fight, but was just as intellectually stimulating.

l RP l

"Hrm, this can't be all there is... could there be tiny inscriptions along the spiral or something?" he muttered, getting closer to the door to take a closer look.

Upon closer inspection, Sebastian was able to determine that there was an indentation in the middle of the circles to place the balls into. In addition there were faint arrows, starting at the center circle and pointing in order to the outward circle.

Shurelia

Associate Game Designer

02-23-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hotarukin View Post
| RP |

Tobias steps forward, grabbing a red and blue ball from the bowl. "I'll hold whichever type you'd like. I'd assume we have to charge them in some way, perhaps elementally so?"
"I don't know," Gregg replied. "It must be dealing with placing the balls into the indentations in some way. From the arrows I can see a sequence... it starts from the middle here... indentation 1.... all the way to 6 at the outer edge. We need to place the balls in these indentations correctly."

[ ]- Empty
[ ]- Empty
[ ]- Empty
[ ]- Empty
[ ]- Empty
[ ]- Empty

Uruno

02-23-2011

Usuhara's fur was on the rise with all the action going on. The Yordle walked with quicker steps than usual as he walked back to the center of the town with the group. He was keeping a smile despite his true feelings. 'How can I trust any of these crazy mages? Do they even know what they do?'

Usuhara was quick to speak up after hearing Tobias, “I know mine elemental nature.”

Muttering under his breath, Usuhara thought back to his training. With the words spoken, the Yordle held his left hand forward – now covered in flames.

Hotarukin

02-23-2011

"Ah, then perhaps we have extra balls due to a finite amount of guesses..?"

K D Bonez

02-23-2011

"I would believe so. We have six places....mabye we need six colors? We have four already..." Sebastian mused, not totally sure of himself. "Or mabye it has something to do with the spiral and arrows... hrm, there's roughly two hundread and one possibilities, which is the right one?

"Perhaps, red represents fire, blue water, green earth, and yellow air?.... possibly..... goodness this is quite a hard puzzle to figure"