Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Rune Database Spreadsheet

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Sovexe

03-18-2010

what's the difference between efficient max and full max

GuyGin

03-18-2010

Quote:
Dr Dan:
what's the difference between efficient max and full max

efficient max is using only primary (which means 1 rune type and Quints, I think) Full max is using the entire book for 1 type of rune (or all the possible slots for it.)

P.S. this is freaking awesome.

One request would be to see the calculation of the value of Quints v. their counterpart. For example:

1 Flat Damage Quint = 7.03 Flat Damage Marks
1 Attack speed quint = 2 Attack Speed Marks

I know it can be done by hand, but if your an excel guru you can prob do it easier. I would try to augment your spreadsheet but I don't have excel (open office) and also I don't want to augment your work.

GuyGin

03-19-2010

I did it for you, but my Open Office doesn't keep the same colors as XLS so it's kinda screwed up.

I'll upload it though if anyone cares. It's pretty useful info.

EnderA

03-19-2010

There we go. All the changes - date in filename, a few clarifications in the notes, and the Quintessence-Primary equivalency.

GuyGin

03-19-2010

This is an awesome database and really should be stickied!

Anyone who buys runes without consulting this first is doing themselves a disservice.

P.S. I might try to give the runes "gold" values, based on the value of the stats through items in game (ex, 1% crit = 50 gold, as knuckles give 8% crit for 400ish gold type thing, though that would be further in the future.) Edit: I also realize this will be tough for stats like Arpen because they don't come on any items themselves, but I'll try to extrapolate the value from items by subtracting the value of their other components etc...

If you would like me to try to do that though and upload my data I'd be happy to (i'm probably going to do it before I finish buying a set of T3 runes.)

EnderA

03-19-2010

Quote:
GuyGin:
This is an awesome database and really should be stickied!

Anyone who buys runes without consulting this first is doing themselves a disservice.

P.S. I might try to give the runes "gold" values, based on the value of the stats through items in game (ex, 1% crit = 50 gold, as knuckles give 8% crit for 400ish gold type thing, though that would be further in the future.) Edit: I also realize this will be tough for stats like Arpen because they don't come on any items themselves, but I'll try to extrapolate the value from items by subtracting the value of their other components etc...

If you would like me to try to do that though and upload my data I'd be happy to (i'm probably going to do it before I finish buying a set of T3 runes.)

Hmm... I'll start working on that.

EDIT: It will get a bit complicated because several items have different cost-efficiencies. i.e.:

Long Sword: 10 damage for 415 gold = 41.5 gold/damage
BF Sword: 50 damage for 1850 gold = 37 gold/damage

I'm debating what number to use. Perhaps an average of all the basic items for it?

GuyGin

03-19-2010

Quote:
EnderA:
Hmm... I'll start working on that.

EDIT: It will get a bit complicated because several items have different cost-efficiencies. i.e.:

Long Sword: 10 damage for 415 gold = 41.5 gold/damage
BF Sword: 50 damage for 1850 gold = 37 gold/damage

I'm debating what number to use. Perhaps an average of all the basic items for it?

Yeah I was gonna start off by basing everything off the cost of base stats. So, for example, for Damage I would just add longsword pickaxe and BF sword, and then divide by the cost of all 3.

I get:
~38 gold / Dmg
~16 Gold / Armor
~2.6 gold / Health
~32 gold / 1hp/5
~21 gold / AP
~26 gold / 1% attack speed
~49 gold / 1% crit strike
~57 gold / 1mp/5
~2 gold / 1 mana
~16 gold / 1 Magic Resistance

Thats generally how I would value them in a general sense. Using these values I think you get really big values for the Doran's items, so i'm not sure if it's infallible.
The hard ones will be CDR and Armor Pen. Gonna work on that for a minute...

And it looks like The Brutalizer is the only item with "proper" armor penetration... And it seems like I'll have to figure out the value of CDR first....

Gonna go by Codex and stinger and Glacial Shroud
Codex= 1245 cost, 30 AP = 630g 7 mp/5 = 399 gold, so 10% CDR = 216g or
Stinger = 900 cost, 20% AS = 520, 5 mp/5 = 285, 10% CDR = 95g (wow cheap!)
Glacial shroud = 1675 cost, 500 mana = 1000, 36 armor = 576, 20% cd = 100g (WOW!)

This gives ~10 gold / 1% CDR which seems incredibly low but I think that's partially because of the way they're from the combination bonuses and not the base item type makes it somewhat devalued.

For Arpen we have Brutalizer @ 1337, 25 dmg = 950, 10% CDR = 100, so
~19 gold / 1 Arpen
Haunting Guise for Mpen @ 1337, 9 hp/5 = 288, 8mp/5 = 456, 10% cdr = 100
~24.6 gold / 1 mpen

I think those values are pretty good, the CDR values might be a little low relative to the value of the actual runes, and in fact I would say Arpen, Mpen and CDR are probably all the most valuable because they aren't on the basic stats of items which may have been the conventional wisdom, but I'm satisfied with these values for now.

I don't have excel on this computer though so I cant plug in the values to find out which runes are "worth" the most.

I forgot move speed: Just gonna use Zeal for this one:
Zeal @ 1195 = 20 Atk speed = 520, 10 crit = 490, 8 move speed = 85, thus:
~10.6 gold / 1% move speed

Like the other combo only stats though, I think this is probably underestimated.

03-19-2010

BusterGendo

03-21-2010

This thread should get a stickie.

Meister

03-21-2010

Can you put the equivalent in gold of each rune? I.e. how much gold it would take to buy the stats this rune gives. I heard someone had this info somewhere.