Rads_User_Kernel.exe

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Fiendish Dr Wu

02-11-2011

This is a new process being started every time the patcher is launched. What does it do exactly? Closing it seems to have no effect on anything.

Also why is it that 3 separate processes are running while playing league? (lol.launcher.exe, LoLclient.exe, League of Legends.exe) is there a reason all 3 MUST run at the same time?

I've had performance issues while in game because of LoLclient.exe running while playing. I close and it clears up, but why does it even need to stay running to bring up the results screen at the end?

nomadd

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-11-2011

bump for curiousity

Void Eyes

04-14-2011

I want to know, too.

Hypocrix

04-14-2011

This is something I would like to know too. I run on an old laptop, so sometimes the games FPS gets quite low. However If I close out the launcher and the client, the game gets a great deal smoother, but every once in a while it will cause the game to freeze. I can understand why the client would want to run, but why the launcher? Once your into the game, why would you need that to be running?

Coolcatalex

04-20-2011

Bump for curiosity.

iMumbleAlot

04-26-2011

There are 3 distinct systems in the "game client" up until a few patches ago it seems:

1. The Adobe AIR out of game system client or LolClient.exe-
This is every menu out of the game, including the login, store, matchmaking, rune pages, all that stuff. It runs inside Adobe AIR and so it needs an AIR runtime environment. The AIR runtime is the source of this thing slowing anything down if any slowing occurs, I have spent a great deal of time wondering how much Adobe must have paid Riot to use this or if maybe if someone who is higher on their totem pole was a Flash addict who wanted to try out the latest piece of gui driven development garbage. Anyway, I'll stick to Java, at least the Java runtime is free and open source and actually performs comparably to C++ if you know how to manage your working set and you don't take garbage collection overhead for granted. (Edit: Java is also cross platform)

2. The LeagueOfLegends.exe game client. This is what actually runs the game itself, this is the full screen exclusive mode(unless you change it to windowed mode) application which allows you to actually play the game, obviously you can't close this one or you won't be playing.

3. The LoLLauncher.exe, this seems to just run the updates and login queue protection stuff, it does not do alot, uses almost no ram and could not be slowing down your gameplay even if it wanted to(ok, well it could, but it probably wont). I guess you could close this after you log in, but I don't know enough about their client system to tell you and really this is just an educated guess.

Lately we have this rads_user_kernel.exe also.

Just a total guess, this is probably something from the RAD Game Tools suite:

http://www.smacker.com/

Miles Sound System has been around for at least 10 years and has been in many, many games. If this turns out to be a RAD Game Tools suite component I wouldn't mess with it 'cus it is pro.

Toxicx187x

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-27-2011

bumpfor great justice

tp27

05-03-2011

bump

Trazier

05-04-2011

I don't know what it does, but i know what it doesn't. It doesn't let you play if you 3 key close it before starting. You press the 'play' button on the new launcher, and it just does nothing else, the game never shows up unless this process is active.

Once you get to the part where you put in your account and pass though, you can close it with no seeming ill effect.

Kittsy

06-02-2011

I'll add this out of interest: Stopping it opening prevents LoL from playing, so it's an important process in some way. Knowing the purpose could still be interesting though.