How to participate in the PvP.net Patcher Beta

First Riot Post
12345 ... 11
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Udyr

eCommerce Manager

Follow Udyr on Twitter

02-10-2011
1 of 5 Riot Posts

1. Before you get started, you will want to make sure to download a recent copy of the League of Legends installer, to use as a backup in case anything goes wrong. You can find this by going here.

2. Make sure your League of Legends installation is fully patched up, and you can login/start a game.

3. Download the Migrator (lol.launcher.zip file)

4. Extract the lol.launcher.exe file and place it into your League of Legends installation directory.

5. Run League of Legends from the Start Menu, or from the shortcut on your Desktop, which will begin the migration.

The migration process will take several minutes to complete, after which you should see the new PvP.net patcher and will be able to login to PvP.net.

Palasit

02-10-2011

Just downloaded Looks Great!

Postal Twinkie

Wrenchman

02-10-2011

Without a doubt I took a massive performance hit in regards to the amount of time it takes to load after Champion Select. Prior to this I was usually the first one to complete loading, and it only took a few seconds, however now I am one of the last and it is taking 2 or 3 times longer than before.

EDIT: I have also noticed a few more frame rate drops than normal.

Udyr

eCommerce Manager

Follow Udyr on Twitter

02-10-2011
2 of 5 Riot Posts

We are still working on optimizing the load time.

Wrenchman Golin

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Wrenchmen

02-10-2011

Does this mean if we already have a client installed--I installed like 5-6 months ago and have been patching up until now, we may want to uninstall and reinstall with the recent League of Legends installer before beginning the migration process?

Udyr

eCommerce Manager

Follow Udyr on Twitter

02-10-2011
3 of 5 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Son Golin View Post
Does this mean if we already have a client installed--I installed like 5-6 months ago and have been patching up until now, we may want to uninstall and reinstall with the recent League of Legends installer before beginning the migration process?
No, as long as your League of Legends install is patched up with the latest patch, you will be fine.

ItsTheFark

02-10-2011

Testing it out as we speak. I cannot wait- I am sure it will be excellent!

-I apologize Mr. Twinkie Sir for posting in your forums, I was merely trying to express my great satisfaction for seeing some of the results of the hard work Riot is trying ever-so hard to keep secretive from us.

-Ok already I despise the new launcher... why you may ask? I can't find the directory for custom skins anymore in my LoL folder *cry*

Nijades

02-10-2011

Migrating my installation right now, pretty excited. I'll definitely be posting if anything seems wrong.

Redkaos

02-10-2011

Installing it right now, hope i can find something to give you feedback :P

NOTE: i had some custom load skins and stuff like that, during the installation it seems that its returning them to the normal state so make sure you back them up.

ZergHydra

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Master Recruiter

02-10-2011

migrating now.
looks good

12345 ... 11