Casseiopea, simple item build idea feedback please

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Argodis

02-16-2011

Just had my best game as Cass.

I realize that previously I hadn't been making good use of her passive. With Meki's + her passive at max stacks, I can sustain harassment long enough to run just about anyone out of the lane or kill them and not encounter mana problems. In the past I would harass a bit, back off a few seconds until I felt they were in a good position, and go at them again. This resorted in accurate Q hits but because I wasn't applying constant pressure utilizing her passive, it was mana inefficient. This time I was harassing none stop to keep stacks and was able to get 6 kills during the laning phase. Of course, it helped that I was laning with a Sona who had clarity but the extra MP wasn't that necessary. It just allowed me to be a bit more reckless with my skill spam.

I also made better use of the brush. I was playing extremely aggressive so I got low on health a few times and dashed to the brush. They followed me which resulted in my death but I managed to get a double kill because I threw down my W so that they would step in it soon as they entered, landed a good Q, and spammed twin fang before I died. I only killed one of them before I died but the other had no choice but to step in Miasma again to exit the brush because it had grown so large resulting in his death as well. I could have gotten away but Ashe and Mundo were both at about 30% health so I decided to see if I could take them both before I died which turned out to be successful.

It's also nice when the jungler comes to try and gank you when you're level 6 or above. It usually resorts in an ult to their face and a free blue/red buff. lol

I was pretty much spamming skills constantly all the time and noticed that I still wasn't able to max out Tear's extra MP. I haven't done the math yet but I'm pretty sure I'm not able to max out AA in the avg game so Morello's Tome really might be the better buy. Even with AA not being maxed, I'm sure it's more AP than Morello's Tome but having that extra 500 gold to spend is a big deal. I need to see how my MP regen looks like.

With the reduced cost of Glacial Shroud, it would basically be only 1k additional gold since I'm taking 500 gold from what would have usually been contributed towards buying AA to give me an extra 425 Mana(25 over AA), 15% more CDR(34% total with my masteries and Morello's Tome), and 45 more armor. So for an extra 1k gold, it would almost be like I bought a better version of AA that has CDR and adds to my survivability and leaves me available to build into Frozen Heart if necessary. This is extremely good since it is usually high attack speed melee champs that take me out in team fights. I will try this out in the morning.

Medusa

02-17-2011

Thats good to hear, yeah a big thing is just learning to spam E Q and W. You can 1v1 most champs and win but it does take practice to get down right and can be hard to do during a fight as quite a lot is going on.

Medusa

02-17-2011

**Bump**

Another big thing is to get down just how big Noxious Blast is. Get comfortable with its range so youl be able to better catch enemy's.

Uccisore

02-17-2011

I can't play her well without starting with more tank than that. I like to start with Catalyst, then boots, then Tear. A long time before you start stacking AP, I know, but you don't really need it until her skills start hitting level 5 anyway, IMO.

Medusa

02-17-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uccisore View Post
I can't play her well without starting with more tank than that. I like to start with Catalyst, then boots, then Tear. A long time before you start stacking AP, I know, but you don't really need it until her skills start hitting level 5 anyway, IMO.
Yeah, Q is pretty good for that. Though i get a blasting wand at least pretty early on, since it is a .9 ratio.

Uccisore

02-17-2011

Anybody else getting Lichbane on her? I'm finding it turns her into a tower destroyer later in the game, AND she's managing to get an auto attack off between each shot of her E against opponents anyway, so you don't even have to try to proc it.

Medusa

02-17-2011

I really dont think you should be getting off an auto attack between E's. You shouldn't have enough time to. If your in range you should be using E when you can, or Q/W. When in a 1v1 E is all you should be doing (Q/W as well ofc)

When Lichbane can be effective is if you say use it once as the enemy is closing in. (say you slow their advance with Miasma, hit with the Lichbane proc then by that time things should have started to happen.

E will out dmg the proc anyway and you shouldn't have time with all the casting you have to do. If there a melee champ, for sure you better not be getting it off or your doing your routine wrong. E's, W right below you so their in it for the fight (more to the front of you so if they do move a bit they still be in it) and Q every 3 sec or so.

Puchissy

02-17-2011

what do you guys think about: (this build focus more on end-game power)

-saph crystal + 2x pots
- rush catalyst and boots
- mejai
- complete into RoA or banshee depends on the situation
- Rylai
- RoA or banshee depends on which one havent picked before
- Deathcap

I find rushing tears make her too squishy and its an overkill to her mana needs.
sometimes i tend to rush deathcap faster if the game is going well.
Mejai's soulstealer is a good for her as she can easily get assist.

This build provide her with almost 3.5k health and a shield from banshee which makes her tough yet deadly.

Medusa

02-17-2011

You should be able to do just as well with Tear, and get used to not having that HP buffer. Its mostly preference (RoA vs AAS) when it comes down to it.

Cata rush is always a good start in most situations.

Im not such a fan of Mejai's, though i know others are. If you can keep the stacks at around 10 at least its decent. I just dont like the feeling that i HAVE to kill/assist and that im hurt more when i die.

At some spot you should have room for a Situational Defensive Item (SDI). If there more AD then something with armor, same deal for Magic dmg. I like to get the SDI 4th usually. The odd time not at all if things are going good. But always have a spot for it.

You should be able to excel even without Deathcap. Say you took AAS > Sorc Shoes > Abyssal > SDI > Haunting Guise > Some vanilla item if the game lasted this long. That would do you fine.

Read up from the start of this thread though if you haven't, most of this goes more in depth and covers alot of things.

Puchissy

02-17-2011

Actually the same thing could be said that you should be able to do well without that extra mana regen.
If you run mana regen glyph and seal, i find it to be enough during laning phase. The key is to "spam your skill smartly and save it to harass them while you are last hitting the minions"

As for boots I prefer to use boots of swiftness because cass' main strength is from her kiting ability, especially after she completed her rylai scepter.

I recommend mejai as it is easy to get stacks with her even if you did not manage to get the kills. Mejai actually serve as another purpose to her kiting ability. People often afraid that mejai will encourage the enemy team to focus on her, but with cassi you want them to try to focus on you. In the teamfight, i noticed most of the enemies tend to rush to you after they seeing you with more than 8 stacks of mejai.
In this situation, this is where u truly shine as you can kite them with your Q and W while your other team mate can slowly killing them. When they realized they can't catch up with you, this is where u start putting W in front of them so they cant run away either and start spamming E.

Banshee plays a huge role to this strategy because no matter how good you can kite, a stun can shut you down. Enemy's ad carry should not be able to touch you if you are good with positioning and that's also the point of you having a tank or support in your team to protect you. This is also where your banshee can act as emergency lifesaving item especially combined with your ult.
Banshee also serve another purpose to protect you from losing your stacks.

Against enemy team which lack of cc, banshee can be replaced with lichbane which increase your movement speed even further and it gives you a good pushing power. However, this is quite unlikely in high level play.

This is just the way i'm playing her. I'm not saying archangel is bad, but the extra AP and mana for me is inferior compared to extra HP from RoA to withstand enemy harassment and staying longer in teamfight.