A Tip on How Not to be that guy...

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Mitch Bade

02-20-2011

Don't Autolock Kayle before anyone else even clicks on a champion. Another tip is not to autolock Soraka with Rally/Revive before anyone picks anything.

Yes those are things you do when you want to try and get someone else to dodge queue, but why do it in the 1st second of the selection screen..

And OF COURSE nobody will dodge queue, because it is like a game of chicken to see who will have to pay the 5 minute penalty of getting matched with a complete troll/moron.

Gotta be the single most annoying part of League of Legends. There has to be something Riot can do about this.

ldfhndfjkndh

02-20-2011

Um, what's wrong with those champs.

I'm sure there are Kayle and Soraka players who are more than willing to whip you and your Tryndamere.

Hasinbinseen

Recruiter

02-20-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by ldfhndfjkndh View Post
Um, what's wrong with those champs.

I'm sure there are Kayle and Soraka players who are more than willing to whip you and your Tryndamere.
There's nothing wrong with those champs. But they are both support champs. They obviously fill important roles but picking them first before a carry, a tank, or a nuke usually leads to an unstable or unbalanced team (a team whose abilities don't work well with each others) in my opinion.

iDig Business

02-20-2011

It is not RIOT's responsibility. There will always be people like that, and honestly all RIOT can be expected to do it implement a system that helps with people they can PROVE are intentionally doing something wrong (like their efficient report system and their leaverbuster system). Just don't be one of those annoying players and that's all anyone can really do.
And a good Kayle or Soraka, even if you have Rally/Revive (I cringe whenever I think about revive), is viable. Technically, a Soraka ult upon reviving could turn a team fight around pretty hard (though that's only speculation).

iDig Business

02-20-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hasinbinseen View Post
There's nothing wrong with those champs. But they are both support champs. They obviously fill important roles but picking them first before a carry, a tank, or a nuke usually leads to an unstable or unbalanced team (a team whose abilities don't work well with each others) in my opinion.
I have never thought "Oh no! We have a Soraka locked in! That means I can't pick Sona!"
I usually see it as "Cool, if I'm tanking then I have support." Or "Sweet, now I have a babysitter for my squishy melee dps champ so he's viable early game."

Doriantv

02-20-2011

Kayle and Soraka are derp.

If you were to instalock a jungling Rammus, tho, I'd appreciate it.

Gooner1990

02-20-2011

I hate it when three people instalock three dps, and then shout "PICK TANK PICK TANK!"

Yep, played tank 3 times today simply because of something like that. I just bought Irelia, and I want to play her too, you know

Amaterasuomikami

02-20-2011

tl;dr

Dont you dare autolock a support character

Autolock a carry like everyone else!

Silly support players

Vizera

02-20-2011

Autolock crying for the win!

Mitch Bade

02-20-2011

I did not say Kayle and Soraka are bad champions. I know how to play them both very successfully.

The problem is that a person AUTO locks them within the first millisecond the champion selection screen pops up. The nice thing to do if you must play them is click on them, but dont Lock In just yet. Most people will pick champions around your choice, and if they don't then try and pick something that compliments the team.

However, the point of playing the game is to have fun, and people will pick the champions they want to play regardless. It is just considerate of people to not Lock In until at least 4 of you have a champion highlighted.

It is totally fine for people to autolock most tanks or carries, but Kayle and Soraka are KNOWN champs that people pick when they want someone to Dodge for them. It is just a bit aggrovating when someone does that (picking obvious troll summoner spells) forcing YOU to queue dodge or play with someone who doesn't mind wasting 20 minutes of their life to be a jerk.