Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

How do you counter Fiddlesticks?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

MattSteez

02-10-2011

Lately I've been playing Xin Zhao, I've been thinking of ways how I could counter a Fiddlesticks that may be hard to kill.
When I go against Fiddlesticks would it be more beneficial to use Executioner's calling or Ignite before he uses his fear move and while he starts using his drain he'll have less health enough for me to kill him.
For people that play Fiddlesticks or know how to counter him, can you give me any tips to go against him 1v1?
I've thought about using Wit's end, but I probably wont get enough hits on him to lower down his mana since Xin Zhao is melee. I would think that using Wits end would be more beneficial to go against Fiddlesticks with Kog' maw, since Fiddlesticks relies on using his mana for kills.

Risky Umbrella

02-10-2011

I have a couple suggestions. if your trying to get fiddlesticks, it is good to use executioners calling. but never use ignite off the bat. instead keep in mind that he is defenseless when he does the drain and you can still attack. save your q for when he starts his drain, you will knock him into the air ruining his drain and thus messing with his drain. save that move forwhenever he starts the drain. avoid fighting him in creeps or his silence could bounce and shut you down. so attackspeed and q at the right moment will ruin his drain combo.

Nightdancer ND

02-10-2011

with Silence

Superdadd

02-10-2011

Ya Xin is the complete hard counter to fiddlesticks. Just pop him in the air anytime he drains you, then blow up that paper doll.

Skither

02-10-2011

If you want to learn generally how to beat fiddles, just don't fight him early game unless you know you can win. His early game is pretty good but as long as you don't give him any real kills and FF him before he gets anything done, you'll be fine. That's why Fiddlesticks usually jungles, because if he gets screwed in lane, he's useless.

Abhimanu

02-10-2011

I don't think the pop-up advice is good. If I were fiddle, I'd drain, then fear when I saw your spear flash to keep the combo from going through.

1) Use your ult when you see him starting to combo, even if you miss him. It gives you significant magic resistance.

2) Either use E to get in on him before a combo, or use E to get away to a creep when he starts draining you. His drain is generally higher than early game melee DPS output. Time your all-or-nothing assault on him for when it's on cooldown or when he is low on mana and may not have the potential to throw out a full combo.

3) Kiting and ganking. Fiddle is slow and squishy. Aside from his multiple silence, his other two spells are focused on one target. Prime target for your jungler to feed off of if he moves too aggressively in your lane. Just imagine drain getting shut down with a WW suppress, or a Shaco + clone, + JiTB breaking his train of thought.

Bumbah

02-10-2011

Quote:
Superdadd:
Ya Xin is the complete hard counter to fiddlesticks. Just pop him in the air anytime he drains you, then blow up that paper doll.

this. as an aivd fiddlesticks player, I avoid Xin completely. His pop up move stops the drain. Best advice is to do just that

Koburoo

Recruiter

02-10-2011

Any CC or ignite will stop the lifesteal tanking. He's fairly squishy if you interrupt his drain.

InfinityChallege

02-10-2011

you hit him hard. so hard that he dies.

Captain Astora

02-10-2011

If you know Fiddle's is in the game sacrafice a few items slots 1-2 for Magic Resist items. I find this works nicely if you don't have a Stun/Silence. As for Fear You can use Clense.