Do you know a good tool to record your game?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Xemeron

02-10-2011

Yeah i know fraps... but this program has so many bad sides, you can only record in 30 second intervals, the record files are freaking huge, way too big to make a uploadable video from it....

Does anyone know another tool, with smaller record files, longer record time?

Or at least a tool to make the records from fraps smaller?

Lucid Dreaming

02-10-2011

Fraps files are huge because they are unencoded. You need another program to encode them with something like DivX or Xvid and that will reduce the file size.

Xemeron

02-10-2011

To be true:
I dont know much about things like cods and encode, could you tell me, how i can do such a thing?

Elan Tedronai

02-10-2011

Fraps is the best software for recording games. It's actually one of the least CPU intensive recording software because it doesn't encode on the fly, which is what takes the most CPU. A side effect of this is that at 1600x900 resolution, you'll be spending about 2gigs of hard drive space per minute of recording.

To encode your recording (and to combine the files, because they are limited to 4gigs a piece) you can use VirtualDub which is free. In addition you'll need a good video codec. As mentioned above there's DivX/Xvid and there's also h264. I prefer the latter. There's a free h264 codec called x264 that can be found on sourceforge that you can use with VirtualDub to encode your files.

To make this HD video I used Fraps, Sony Vegas and the x264 codec. The codec is the only free piece of software though, so how you proceed is up to you. The file size of the video I uploaded to Youtube was only about 200 megs, so it only took a few minutes to upload.

If you upload your video to Youtube, keep in mind that they will re-encode your video no matter what format you upload it in. So try to keep the video as close as possible to the original. The more times it's encoded during the process the worse it will look.

Xemeron

02-10-2011

thx

dbx10

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-10-2011

i know a guy who records all his games and he's a real tool, maybe you should ask him.

Ssraeshza

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-10-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbx10 View Post
i know a guy who records all his games and he's a real tool, maybe you should ask him.
@#$&% you beat me to it.

I would have said:
A good tool? well there's Facepalmextreme, WarTornPando, Kohana Sushi...

Sigh for being late to a thread.

facepalmextreme

02-10-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ssraeshza View Post
@#$&% you beat me to it.

I would have said:
A good tool? well there's Facepalmextreme, WarTornPando, Kohana Sushi...

Sigh for being late to a thread.
I don't think either of them record their games...

By the way I only record them if I see interesting champion combos/team comps.

iBeJay

02-10-2011

You could change fraps setting to half size, and recording onto an external drive or even usb is really convenient.

ArcaneElementz

11-21-2012

You could also use Razer Gamebooster Beta, it is a preformance booster but can also record video's im not to sure on the quality or downsides, as i've never used it myself.