@Riot: I will give any red $50 that can justify this.

First Riot Post
12345612 ... 22
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

mr Chronics

02-09-2011

holy wall of text

Dracozero

02-09-2011

Where do I collcet my money?

Morinav

02-09-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grunghole View Post
If there was no instalock button, do you think people who instalock mid Teemo would change their minds?

Does the lack of a lock-in button somehow change an idiot's mentality?
Absolutely! Whenever I see someone immediately pick a champion that would probably be a bad idea, I go, "Wait wait wait!"

Usually, they stop and start talking with me. Most people just don't realize they're making a bad choice and would gladly pick a different champion that they also want to play.

Sometimes they don't, but there's that whole you can lead a horse to water thing.

Doesn't mean you can't put a system in that makes it impossible for someone to sabotage their team through ignorance. It's impossible to solve the problem of people being *******s, but you can solve the problem of reasonable people doing something wrong simply because they don't know any better.

Louise

02-09-2011

locking or no locking doesn't affect you in the slightest.

they can pick teemo and wait for a minute, and play teemo. or lock and play teemo immediately. i don't understand how you aren't comprehending that this aspect of game set up has zero impact on you.

it most certainly isn't worth the amount of outrage you have over it.

Louise

02-09-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morinav View Post
Doesn't mean you can't put a system in that makes it impossible for someone to sabotage their team through ignorance. It's impossible to solve the problem of people being *******s, but you can solve the problem of reasonable people doing something wrong simply because they don't know any better.
so riot is robbing you of the 1 minute you need to convince someone to play something else other than what they want to play...

to suit YOUR agenda

well don't you think highly of yourself...

Morinav

02-09-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaolla View Post
locking or no locking doesn't affect you in the slightest.

they can pick teemo and wait for a minute, and play teemo. or lock and play teemo immediately. i don't understand how you aren't comprehending that this aspect of game set up has zero impact on you.

it most certainly isn't worth the amount of outrage you have over it.
Of course if affects me. I have to play with that person. And yes, people change their minds during champion select all the time.

Quote:
so riot is robbing you of the 1 minute you need to convince someone to play something else other than what they want to play...

to suit YOUR agenda

well don't you think highly of yourself...
My "agenda" is doing the best job I can for my team. For everyone's team. So selfish!

Don't get me wrong, if someone's dead set on wanting to play Teemo, I'll let them play. I've won games with simply mind-blowingly bad comps. I recognize that someone may be a Teemo genius and is going to carry us like mad. I am not going to deride someone who wants to play a champ they're comfortable with, because there's no point. Once they've made their choice you deal with it as a team and do the best you can.

I certainly don't think my judgment is absolute, I want people to tell me when I'm making the wrong decision too. I just want people to have the chance to talk about things and decide as a team.

DarkShurelia

Associate Game Designer

02-09-2011

Lock in speeds up champion selection. But you do have a point.

Louise

02-09-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morinav View Post
My "agenda" is doing the best job I can for my team. For everyone's team. So selfish!
in YOUR opinion

Morinav

02-09-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zwig View Post
Oh boy, fifty whole dollars!

Your house must be made of gold!!
Hah! If I had a house made of gold do you really think I'd give money to dirty poor people?

Quote:
in YOUR opinion
Yup.

ChaozUT

02-09-2011

I agree that there should be a ready check rather than a lock, just because it doesn't really take anything away from the game while it avoids stupid mistakes like accidentally locking in, or locking in and then realizing there is no jungler and being unable to change your pick.

But as for the example you gave for ppl insta-locking bad picks, I don't think this feature would prevent idiots from just ready-checking their bad picks instead...

12345612 ... 22