Very Choppy Gameplay

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

True Naga

01-22-2010

I recently reformatted my computer (Dell 8300 Pent 4 with Windows XP, Video card is a Nvidia geforce fx 5200) and reinstalled league of legends but the game play is incredibly choppy. before i reformatted it worked fine so I'm confused. i have adobe 9 and .net framework, i have all my drivers up to date. i installed and used Warcraft 3 to see if it was simply the game and not my computer. Warcraft 3 runs absolutely fine while league of legends continuously runs choppy. No firewall is up, no antivirus is running, and i tried completely reinstalling League of Legends various times.

I am completely out of ideas on what to do, at first i thought it was my video card but movies, streaming and other games run with no problems and i have all my drivers. if anyone has any ideas please post. Thank you

True Naga

01-22-2010

I forgot to mention that my latency does not rise above 30 ever, ive joined many games trying to see if it was a one time thing and im never lagging however i have the choppy gameplay (and the problem only exists when im actually in a game, never when im picking characters or in the home screen)

True Naga

01-25-2010

Bump

TheF1Man

01-25-2010

I think we have the exact same computer although i 'm not sure if i have that .framework thing and i've never reformatted. anyways look at my thread(it's right below this one) as i've had some posts by a wrenchman and someone else so maybe it can help you.

i've got the same graphics card as you and i'm running 1-2 fps which is definatly not good enough to play.

Nieco

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-25-2010

zzz riot doesnt care.. this game is dieng.. im gettin angry.. its been 2 days...

TheF1Man

01-25-2010

it's a new game, i'd give it some time...there's always going to be issues

Aregionius

Senior Wrenchman

01-25-2010

Try also running through the settings on this page,

http://kb.leagueoflegends.com/questi...roubleshooting

Also if you just reinstalled there may be an issue with your Direct X files, you might want to try reinstalling there, although if you're running the game, that's probably not the problem.

As F1Man brought up, the FX 5200 is at the bare minimum of compatibility, the recommended requirements are at least an 8800. While it's possible to play with the FX 5200, you may experience some issues.

DefaultName3324

01-25-2010

The Geforce 5200 is a very low performance card. WC3 uses a considerably older game engine than LoL. I would recommend buying a new video card.

True Naga

02-08-2010

I understand that my graphics card is old but my main confusion comes from the fact that before reformatting my computer the game played absolutely fine, no choppyness whatsoever. Ill try reinstalling direct X and LoL again and hopefully thatll do something but as i said before, this is very confusing due to the fact that it was working perfectly before hand