Tankiest Tank!

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

robontop

02-08-2011

Hey I'm thinking of buying a tank with my IP I'm saving up at the moment.

I was just wondering which Tank can sustain hits the longest. (hardest to kill etc.)... like I want to play a character who can basically sit there while the whole enemy team smacks on him for relatively large amounts of time (this want comes from playing jax against heavy caster teams in 5v5).

I don't care if rammus can chase, or malphite can intiate well etc. I just want to know who can tank the longest and maybe who is very efficient at doing this (Alistar's ulti does not count). If you are going to order this from tanking strengths early and mid and late game, then that's fine, but I still want to know who is the overall tough nut ! =)

Thanks!

The Addy Daddy

02-08-2011

Allistar is by far the tank that can stay in the lane the longest. Spamming heal and rushing catalyst into veil. You also have to think about if your getting a solo lane or a dual. cause as a solo you mash headbutt and ya live forever with heal.

robontop

02-08-2011

Can Allister tank the most damage then? Or does he just have lane-staying power... because the thing is... I want to play 'that' tank, if you get what I mean.

RoflTroll

02-08-2011

If you just want to be an unkillable *******, try Taric or Nasus.

Taric:
RoA early to gives you extra HP and max MP, then start building AP+tank items (because of his passive armor aura, pure HP won't be terrible on him to start)

He can self-heal for massive amount with high AP and Radiance.

Nasus:
Rush a sheen, before/slightly after this you'll be mostly just another DPS person. After Sheen just start buiding pure-tank item, and upgrade Sheen to Triforce as necessary.
Nasus's own passive lifesteal and Q's ridiculous damage power(especially with maxed CDR, which you should have if you take a blue buff and a few stuffs) gives him high effective HP.
Then adds in the fact that his Q work on tower, and he's also doubling as a tower buster, even solo (Taric's Radiance might help his team burn it down faster, but Nasus can probably solo tower late game because of tank items + Q's damage)

CapTortuga

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-09-2011

First of all, how much survivality has a Champ mostly depends on the Build. For a Heavy Tank you need a Warmog and resistance, Armor against physical atacks and Magic Resistance against magic atacks. The best armors are Thorn mail on phys and Force of nature on magic. From there are many choises of both.

So about the resistance on a team fight, you'll need a champion that have and ability that helps them stay on the battle. My 3 choises would be:

Dr Mundo: R= gains 70% of max healt over 12 secs.
Singed: R= gains 65 armor and HP/5 for 25secs. (among many thing more)
Sion: R= gains 100%lifesteal and 50% att speed for 20 secs.

I think this 3 champs builded as heavy tanks are the ones who can soak the most damage on a battle. Take in mind that all have different pros and cons and their abilities can be maxrd with items. For example, mundo can get an Spirit vissage; singed can get a FON and Sion can get a Phantom dancer or an Starks or W/E.

Also, while Mundo and Singed only "pop" their ult, for Sion to be effective he must be hitting. Singed gets many things with his ULT like AP, Att speed, mov speed, AD, and mana regen.

GL n HF

kwjnfkjsdg

02-09-2011

...you DO realize that any decent team won't actually attack you right? you just need to be tanky enough so that you can just chill on the front lines and enemies need to actually go AROUND you to get to your squishies. but if you insist on playing against morons...then:

Chogath or Rammus...

a fully feasted cho with guardian angel is virtually invincible. you could chase him across the map and he'd still make it out alive.

a late game rammus with his defense boost will reach armor/mr stats in the 400-500s. he's VERY hard to kill. any autoattacker would never even touch you, and due to your shell, mages are essentially your only counter. and to top it all off rammus does RIDICULOUS AMOUTNS OF DAMAGE for a tank.

but POTENTIALLY, sion is the most durable tank. be extremely keen in last hitting to build up your health, and with a good amount of AP your shield can soak up 1000 damage before they have to deal with your 7k health, guardian angel, and another shield coming off cooldown in a matter of seconds. his ult gives him enough lifesteal to tank via lifesteal as well.

Machinima

02-09-2011

I'd say Alistar, Cho, and Mundo.

Cho's ultimate gives him so much hp and a tank mundo with his ultimate heals faster than you can damage him

Superdadd

02-09-2011

No mention of Shen?

Shen with some AP along with tanky Armor/MR items, and CDR and the dude just isn't dying. Ever.

FailyMcSadShorts

02-09-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwjnfkjsdg View Post
...you DO realize that any decent team won't actually attack you right? you just need to be tanky enough so that you can just chill on the front lines and enemies need to actually go AROUND you to get to your squishies. but if you insist on playing against morons...then:

Chogath or Rammus...

a fully feasted cho with guardian angel is virtually invincible. you could chase him across the map and he'd still make it out alive.

a late game rammus with his defense boost will reach armor/mr stats in the 400-500s. he's VERY hard to kill. any autoattacker would never even touch you, and due to your shell, mages are essentially your only counter. and to top it all off rammus does RIDICULOUS AMOUTNS OF DAMAGE for a tank.

but POTENTIALLY, sion is the most durable tank. be extremely keen in last hitting to build up your health, and with a good amount of AP your shield can soak up 1000 damage before they have to deal with your 7k health, guardian angel, and another shield coming off cooldown in a matter of seconds. his ult gives him enough lifesteal to tank via lifesteal as well.
Literally everything this scrub just said is either wrong, stupid, or exagerated. I said good day sir.

rydavison

02-09-2011

If you are going to play a true tank, your only options unless the next patch changes other characters are Rammus, Shen, Malphite and Amumu. Alistar is just not good right now. The other champs being mentioned are not actual tanks. Rammus is king of the jungle right now as well as having an amazing taunt. Shen can become very tanky and make some clutch saves with his ult. Malphite has good initiation, although he is not quite as tanky as the others without his shield. Amumu has a poor laning phase (if you lane with him) although he is god of team fights with his ult. Wait till they are free, try them out and see which one you like best. You will need some tanking practice anyway to get the feel of when to initiate.