Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

The Top 10 Most Powerful Champions (Lore)

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

red0231

05-20-2011

Lee freaking Sin.

ToastEater

05-22-2011

The top 10-
1. Tryndamere
2. Veigar
3. Jax
4. Malzahar
5. Master Yi
6. Lux
7. Maoki
8. Garen
9. Katarina
10. Heimerdinger

But Considering About all other Posts that there's A power lvl Beyond lvl 18. Then It probably would be more like
1.Jax
2.Renekton
3.Nocturne
4.Zilean
5.Singed
6.Nasus
7.LeBlanc
8.Shaco
9.Caitlyn
10.Vladimir

Raviana

05-22-2011

Okay, we say most powerful. What the he'll is most powerful. I mean take Lee Sin, you notoce he wears no armour. Caitlin has a ****ing sniper rifle and is one of the best shots on the world. Lee Sin's Skull vs. Sniper Bullets, Bullets win. And everyonetalks about Fiddlesticks, well he never leave his room, so you know how to beat him? Don't go into his room. Now Zilean, is he all that powerful? He can travel time, sure, but he's got Magical Alzhiemer's. Tell him It's 1984 and he'll probably believe you.
Brand, everyone claims he is the strongest, but I mean.. Really? He was sealed away once, why couldn't you do it again. Still Kayle is known as a immortal super warrior, and her skills are on par with Morgana's so maybe. I can go on forever with this, but, here is how I see it.
1.Anivia-She is an elemental, and her power extends everywhere
2.Janna-Weather is notorious for stopping armies and etc. But she can cripple an entire nation, destroy there crops, flood them. So on
3.Lux-I know I'm gonna get dirty looks for this but.... She can steal any ability right? What's to stop her from stealing Fiddle's abilities or Brand's? I mean her Light Binding is Morgana's Dark Binding's photocopy who was mentioned being as powerful as Kayle
4.Jarvan IV-He controls an entire nation, a military totalitarian nation.
5. Urf-Now laugh at me but think about it...He was killed but returned as an immortal ghost, 2. He has technology easily hundreds of years ahead so he is either a time traveler or a super genius. And last but not least. He is a ****ing seacow.
6.Ashe/Tryndamere-They control the Frejilord(Spelling?), a powerful nation, and Ashe is descendant of a Demi-God.
7.Singed-He destroyed an entire village by himself, his poisons could take over the world.
8.Nocturne-Not only would he be able to attck from inside you head, but gather any information from Anyone.
9.Nasus/Renekton-They are pretty close to be gods, if not Demigods
10.Sivir-She is the Scarface of the League of Legends. Owns the combat industry, several
Businesses and homes, infamous in her own right and powerful.

My methods of determination might not be (and probably aren't) the best, I base off of political ideals aswel as sheer, magical power at the time being, no "Realized potential" Adult Annie/Cho'Gath stuff. And not much to deal with Territories(Karthus,Fiddle) And remember knowledge is power.

Sorry for the typos. I did this post in my phone

CheeseBurguer

05-23-2011

Aparently Brand needs a body to live and in his lore he was captured by Garen company,so kinda pathetic on Brand's side since he was going to die by human hands.Brand needs a pyshical body in order to survive or else he will jsut drift away like a fire would in time

Ruigo Pan

05-23-2011

I would say that the champions are free to use what they like in battle. It's more along the lines of both the champion and the summoners that use the champions place some sort of "cap" on their capabilities based on what the summoner wants the champion to do and what the champion is capable of doing. The champion has some will and say in what they do even though they clearly understand that the Summoner has free reign and influence over their actions.

At the same time, lore clearly states that Summoner's are much more powerful than champions and are capable of widespread destruction if not for the League. The summoners are only limited to what their summoned champion is capable of, and influence them from a third person perspective on the Fields of Justice. It could be that the Summoner has no idea what the champion is capable of, has poor judgement or the like that makes the champion perform poorly.

The champions themselves are also capable of making mistakes. They're not perfect after all and they constantly change even if they're extremely skilled in their own craft of fighting.

There could be a hard-limit in place due to the capabilities of the Nexus and the details used to make the Fields of Justice what they are today which is why their limit is 18. Who knows.

Riot EdwinMols

05-24-2011

After going through all the champions with interest and exploring how their prowess might be compared, it seemed much more fruitful to begin by separating all of the champions into broad categories. This is not meant to imply that all champions in one category are more powerful than all champions in another, but simply to serve to better illuminate the fundamental differences in some of the champions on the Fields of Justice.

The categories are:

1) Beyond Mortality (not equivalent to "Immortal&quot

These champions have been shown to be otherworldly, derived entirely of magic, or in some other way beyond mortality.

Anivia (planar elemental)
Brand (parasitic possessive elemental)
Fiddlesticks (summoned from another plane)
Karthus (entirely -or almost - the product of magic)
Kayle (from another plane)
Malphite (from another plane)
Morgana (from another plane)
Nassus (from another plane)
Renekton (from another plane)

2) Potentially Beyond Mortality

These champions may possess the traits of the Beyond Mortality category, or at the very least may be distinctly NOT Mortal.

Amumu (although Amumu was once a Yordle, his resurrection is shrouded in mystery, and he may yet be more than just a mummy)
Annie (it is unlikely, but Annie may be more than just a mage, which may be evidenced as she grows older)
Cho'Gath (classification of the creatures of the Void is difficult - are they comparable to the mortals of Runeterra - flesh, blood, etc. - or are they more?)
Kog'Maw
Malzahar (may no longer be mortal after his dealings with the Void)
Maokai (an animated construct may or may not necessarily be a being composed entirely of magic - certainly not mortal)
Mordekaiser (still unsure what is underneath the armor)
Nocturne (took on physical form during a magical event - very likely that Nocturne is beyond just a summoned creature or magical animation)
Ryze (was once a mortal, is now considered a being of magic - how far has he transgressed?)
Shaco (what the hell is Shaco?)
Zilean (immortal in the sense that he cannot die - does this and other factors make him beyond mortality in the broader sense?)

3) Mortal

All of the other champions fall into this category. While these champions may use martial or magical prowess on the battlefield, they are essentially mortal creatures and constructs, and do not possess qualities or degrees of qualities that would make them beyond mortality.

Riot EdwinMols

05-24-2011

And as far as the discussion on champion in-game levels goes, the latest Journal of Justice has some valuable insight:

From The Mailbag of Justice

“Why is it that whenever I summon a champion for a fresh bout on the fields, they must be retrained? It seems odd to me that General Swain would forget how to summon his Ravenous Flock or Headsman Urgot how to calibrate his Hyper-Kinetic Position Reverser in each and every bout I enter when they were such terrors with them just the last match. Is it some matter of attunement between champion and summoner?”
– Mädchen, Summoner of Noxus

You’ve hit the nail on the head, Mädchen. The link between the champion and summoner essentially creates a “new being”, comprised in part of both of them. In the same way it might take some time for you and a partner to get the rhythm of running if one of each of your legs was tied to the other’s, so too must the summoned being learn to utilize the power within it. When the link is severed, both champion and summoner must “decompress” from the ordeal, settling back into their bodies. This removes the understanding they both had, which is why the same summoner and champion must relearn their abilities again in the next match.

Senior Summoner Ralston Farnsley commenting from the Institute of War

Poftata

05-24-2011

On the topic of Brand and him being able to exist as "pure fire", doesn't he need a body to exist? Would he not just have left the Lokfarian's body if it had made him more powerful? Also, he was (without being restricted, I think that it's in his judgement) defeated by Garen, Lux and Jarvan (possibly Xin Zhao instead of Jarvan, but doesn't really affect the point). I honestly don't think that he would be the most powerful champion if they could 3-man him.

Loki Odinguard

05-24-2011

and no one at all has mentioned swain?
O.o
weird.
anyways
Swain is a master tactician. therefore he wins. Intelligence is the most important thing on the battle field. not raw power. therefore he would find his enemies weaknesses and exploit them.

larkhill

05-24-2011

problem with exploiting weakness is that not all champs have weaknesses that can be exploited. its hard to exploit the weaknesses of an immortal. kayle and morgana are both immortal and both basically immune to all dmg (both with their shields). zilean is immortal in every sense of the word. he cannot die. its not an ability or a trick he has, its not even something he can control. he exists completely out of time itself.

they are the only 3 champions that are specifically stated to be immortal. aniva can be added but not completely. she can die, but she gets reborn. assuming her rebirth takes longer than an instant, she's very vulnerable in egg form.

brand cant die either. he is a part of nature itself. he can be trapped, but u need magical powers equivalent to a summoner to do so, which no champion realistically has (maybe zilean through time-hacks i guess)

again, this is about power alone, not victories. theres no doubt that if this was purely based on who can beat the others, this is a 3 horse race and its basically a draw. kayle is stronger than morg, but she cant beat zilean, who exists outside time itself. we dont know the extent of zilean's time abilities, nor do we know the extent of kayle immortality. diseases do affect her, just not in the normal way. and from morgana we know that they can be affected by dark magic as well. it stands to reason that somewhere otu there is dark magic powerful enough to defeat her.

brand powerful enough to burn the world and turn it to ashe, zilean is powerful enough to stay alive a lot...

fiddle's power rely's on fear and i dont really know how well fear works against voidborn or immortals but i doubt its very well.

karthus died in the crossfire of malz vs kass. he cant be stronger than them.

nasus is stronger than rene so ren's out, and nasus is simply a guardian of the library. we dont know how immortal he realistically is, nor do we know the extent of his magical knowledge. he was the keeper of an entire library. who knows what he's capable of learning in there. but from what we see, we cant assume he's immortal (his people were in a war so they must be killable, or else it wouldnt really have needed a war to settle anything. also, the story clearly says he was about to slay his brother. that means his kind can actually be slain and die. not immortal. case closed

annie is just a child of 2 really powerful. i doubt shes anything much more than that

amumu may be a mystery, but he isnt "powerful" in any way

malphite is the same way

it really depends on how u define "powerful" i guess. i value the amount of potential dmg done by brand much higher than say, swinging a sword/staff/axe around. i also dont consider immortality a "powerful thing". its definitely a factor. immortal vs mortal will almost always go to the immortal. i say almost because summoners can subdue immortals but we arent counting them for this thread. i also dont like to factor in immortality as a deciding factor cause if we did, no mortal would be mentioned here at all. if u cant die, u beat anyone that can, and thats simply a borign way to argue this thread imo.

i outlined my definition of power in a very detailed manner here before so i wont repeat it.