best way to spend and gain IP/RP?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Sesami

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-07-2011

I'm fairly new to LoL and have the Digital Collector's Pack with some additional RP to spend. I also have a bit of IP saved up. Trying to decide how to spend the points... should I save the IP for Tier 3 runes (currently lvl 10), or spend them on champions? I would like to have more champions, but I only really use 3 at the moment. I know people will say buy skins with the RP, but paying essentially $10 for a recoloring of a character seems kind of overpriced to me.

Should I get an XP booster with the RP? I'd like to level up more so I can have more runes and masteries. Or I guess I can just spend it on the pricier 6300IP heroes, since it seems like it'd take forever to save up 6300 points.

Legendary Jason

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-07-2011

runes

Addison16

02-07-2011

it takes at least 2 weeks of playing everyday to get 6k ip =P. I would say to spend your ip on champs, since all the runes you get now do not have much of an effect and will be replaced once you get levelled up. Also there are some top champs in the 1250 and below range and a lot in the 3k range. Every game requires a different team comp, so having a large selection to chose from will help you level up faster.

Kalshazzak

02-07-2011

ip for runes/cheaper champs rp for the more expensive champs or skins.

CapTortuga

02-07-2011

Untill level 20 buy champs. Maybe by some tier 1 runes as they're really cheap, but don waste so much IP on runes till you hit lvl 30.

I think the best use of IP is on champs on your level.

Abour RP, can't tell really. Never had them and prbably never will. But if i sometinme have some, i'll probably buy skins cos can't be bought otherwise. Also would buy aditional runepages.

Sesami

02-07-2011

I bought all the 450IP champs already. Will probably focus on buying the 1350IP ones next. I may buy just one 6300IP champ with RP points though. I'm gonna have a hard time deciding.

Sooo opinion? Which 1350IP and 6300IP champ to get?

My 1350 choices: Twisted Fate, Poppy, Sion, Singed, Dr. Mundo

6300 top picks (since there's a lot of them): Cassiopeia, Irelia, Vladimir, Anivia

SkullMasteRgR

02-07-2011

i wouldnt bother bying tier 1 or 2 runes. i would just save for tier three runes for when i go lvl 20 and prob buy champs that i would like to play but not buy champs just to buy them. as for rp, save them, later as u play the game u will want to have skins on your favourite champs, trust me.

muusbolla

02-08-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sesami View Post
I bought all the 450IP champs already. Will probably focus on buying the 1350IP ones next. I may buy just one 6300IP champ with RP points though. I'm gonna have a hard time deciding.

Sooo opinion? Which 1350IP and 6300IP champ to get?

My 1350 choices: Twisted Fate, Poppy, Sion, Singed, Dr. Mundo

6300 top picks (since there's a lot of them): Cassiopeia, Irelia, Vladimir, Anivia
Of the 1350s, Poppy, Sion, Dr. Mundo, and Fiddlesticks are all very good, and I play them all regularly.

Of the 6300s I'd say get Anivia for sure, she's considered by many to be borderline OP and has been for a long time.

Honestly though, if you buy Poppy, Sion, Mundo, and Fiddlesticks you'll be busy for quite a long time learning new champs, and an asset to the team.

Sacull Kinslayer

02-08-2011

Save your IP for tier 3 runes only.

I would get good with the champs you have. Test out a few when they are free see if anything else atches your fancy. Once you have tried a hero on its free week and you think you may want it you should have the IP or RP saved to buy it.

Also a good thing to buy with RP is IP boosts. I prefer the per win ones but if you can dedicate a few days of non stop playing the per day ones could be worth it.

Dont waste your RP on xp boosts.

MindGamez

02-08-2011

Buy champs until you hit lvl 30.

Then start buying runes.

If you really want the most efficient use of runes, save up your IP until you hit lvl 30 then buy the best runes for your preferred champ.

Buying champs early will help you enjoy the game better though.