So I stumbled upon a Karma build

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Rewfus

02-07-2011

Screwing around w/ friends in an arranged match, I decided to build Karma out a bit differently and was pleasantly surprised. Duplicated the build and tweaked it over about a dozen solo queues and I think I've got a legit build for Karma players to look at.

Because I'm not ultra competitive, I wanted to share this build with the rest of the karma fans and see how it works for them. I think that Clarity is needed for this build, and it is designed for Karma to play mid lane.

So, I start out with Boots and 3x Mana Pots. I put my first point in the shield. As soon as minions meet, I run up and pop a Mantra Shield and then wack my target a few times. Just long enough to keep my shield up and get out. Then I rinse and repeat. It works like a charm because A) the enemy champ is not expecting it and B) the shield soaks up a good chunk of damage and deals decent burst damage.

Clarity + the mana pots keeps me in lane until about level 6 or so. I alternate points between shield and healing wave.

First blue back, i try to have enough money for Tear of The Goddess. Second blue I pick up Boots of Swiftness and start building a Warmog's.

By the time I have Warmogs, I'm so **** beefy it's really not funny. Between my shield and massive HP, i can soak a HUGE amount of damage.

After Warmogs, I finish building my Arch Angels staff. Then I add Hextech Gunblade, Rabadon's Deathcap and finish up with Lich's Bane.

I end up being very beefy (shield + big hp pool + spell vamp and lifesteal with Lichbane working), able to deal very decent damage and have plenty of support to keep my team alive. I like to keep myself at just around 50% hp for the nice passive bonus. I love this build because after a few team fights, I usually start to get focused which only leads to more frustration as the enemy team realizes they can't just burst me down.

Opinions? Comments? Try it out yourself and tell me what you think!

TL;DR

Karma takes Clarity, first point in shield.

Build order: Boots, Mana Pot x3, Tear of Goddess, Boots of Swiftness, Warmog's, Arch Angels Staff, Hextech Gunblade, Rabadon's Deathcap, Lich Bane

FiiNale

02-07-2011

Then you see their carry built a Bloodrazor....

Tinara

02-07-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rewfus View Post
Boots of Swiftness
No. Not on any champion. Ever. And Karma has a speed up.

Also, there's no reason to get Clarity on Karma...Just make your casts count.

Drozzi

02-07-2011

Too expensive.
And I think it's pointless to build a support caster as a tanky burster.

sammich kek

02-07-2011

stopped reading at warmogs, thanks for wasting my time

also, the next time you get the urge to build a warmogs on a champion that utilizes ability power, build a rod of ages instead.

BloodTrinity

02-07-2011

Umm. Mana pots are horrible. Clarity is meh in almost all situations. Boots of Swiftness suffers from the same as Clarity. Warmog's and Hextech Gunblade on a support caster.... I rest my case.

Siegfryd

02-07-2011

Build Karma how you would build Mordekaiser, except start with a Tears.

Ingriz

Recruiter

02-07-2011

I'll probably try it, sounds kinda fun actually.

Tanoshii

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-07-2011

Besides the boggling Warmogs part, i'm confused about the Lich Bane. For auto attacking i'm assuming? It seems like you get very late game, but why not get something infinitely more useful like an hourglass or GA?

Rewfus

02-07-2011

I know, first hand that the build works. I would suggest trying it before you down vote based on the rational that you think you know better.