Vladimir Guide

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

RyuNaganoto

02-07-2011

Just saying this now, if any QQers are out there saying, "Vlad is so easy, OP, etc, he doesn't need a guide." Then just close this right now. I'm not making this for just so I can get ridiculed for it, I'm making this for people who want to play Vlad but don't have a build to use. I also point out Vlad's weaknesses in this guide, so if you have trouble against Vlads, then continue reading.

OK, here we go.

For summoner spells I get Flash and Ignite. Flash is a nice combo with his Sanguine Pool, to either catch up to an enemy and slow them, or to Pool, travel close to a wall while untargetable, and immediately flash over it. Ignite stacks with his Ult very nicely, doing extra damage and stopping any heal attempt so the Ult can grab a kill with it's blowout at the end. For the extra damage, make sure you Ignite after you Ult someone when possible. Ignite also helps facing other Vlads, since Ignite is a Vlad's Enemy (Along with any other person with a built-in -50% healing debuff such as Katrina or Gangplank)

For masteries, I go standard 21/0/9 route you would with any caster. In the Attack Tree, you get the extra AP, Cooldown Reduction (CDR), Magic Penetration (MP), Improved Ignite, but most importantly Havoc, adding an extra 4% damage to the already 14% his ult dishes out. Then in the Utility Tree, get Regeneration, EXP gain, and Greed for a little extra gold. You can get the extra Neutral buff duration, but with this build you shouldn't need it.

For Runes, I like to go MP (Red), CDR per level Glyphs (Blue), and Flat Health Seals and Quints (Yellow + Purple). The CDR per level Glyphs are a must. Some would say, "Why not get flat CDR runes for early game." It works, but with this build, at lvl 18, you will have about 38% CDR without Golem Buff.

Now most importantly, the build.
Ruby Crystal-->Spirit Visage
Ionian Boots of Lucidity (This gives you 27% CDR, The rest is done by runes+Masteries.)
Will of the Ancients
Rabadon's Deathcap
Zhonya's Hourglass
Whatever is needed. Suggestions-
Force of Nature
Rylai's Crystal Scepter
Banshee's Veil
Void Staff

The first three items are based around survivability, CDR, and Spell Vamp. Since his transfusion already has a natural Spell Vamp, it stacks double when added with Will of the Ancients. Also Spirit Visage adds 20% on all regeneration, making you a Spell Vamp machine. The next two are based solely on AP. While the last is on whatever the game requires. Force of Nature if you need Magic Resistance (MR), Rylai's Crystal Scepter if they are heavy with ghost walk or are just generally fast, Banshee's Veil if they have a lot of Crowd Control (CC) such as stuns, slows, snares, etc, and Void Staff if they are stacking MR.

For skills, I max out his Transfusion (Q) as soon as possible. I then do what most other Vlads don't, I get Sanguine Pool (W) maxed next, only getting Tides of Blood (E) at lvl 4 then not touching it until the end of game. And of course, get Hemoplague (R) whenever possible.

I play Vlad as either a Mid or a Solo (If Jungler present) champ whenever possible. This helps him level quicker, taking out a lot of early game grief. Vlad is the most vulnerable early game, like most champs, but especially in his case. His CDs early game are horrible, His Transfusion having about 9 sec CD and his Sanguine Pool having about 14 sec CD, you need to level as soon as possible to get those down. For people facing Vlads, THIS IS WHEN HE IS MOST VULNERABLE! This is when you harass him early and stunt his growth. Also, silences are very bad against him Like I said before, Ignites can destroy a Vlad early game and even late game. Once you get to lvl 9, you can start harassing. By this point you should have enough Gold for Spirit Visage and Ionian Boots, giving your Transfusion (Q) an almost 1 Sec CD. It also deals good damage and is very spamable. Mid to late game concentrate on Harassing, Slowing enemies, and Ulting right when team fights start.

With this build, I personally don't die much, sometimes not dieing at all. Follow this guide and you should do good. I main as Vlad and this build works 9 out of 10 times. Please feel free to comment and make suggestions or to tell me if it works or not, I am always open to new ideas.

Carados

02-07-2011

Stopped reading at runes.

Why CDR/Level, which are effectively useless runes?

Can you explain why a champion who has a crappy early game, benefits more from late game CDR and is the only champion in the game to do so, and that extra CDR keeps him alive? Especially since the difference isn't actually noticeable until level 15 and that at level 15 CDR is cheap? And especially since the difference is 2% at level 18, where the extra 2% would be wasted because you'd be at 40% with any champion who needs CDR, due to Flat Runes actually giving you a chance to hit 15%, while scaling do not?

RyuNaganoto

02-07-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carados View Post
Stopped reading at runes.

Why CDR/Level, which are effectively useless runes?
Well, that is your opinion, get flat CDR, it does work. I just prefer to get CDR/Level. This is just how I play him.

Carados

02-07-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyuNaganoto View Post
Well, that is your opinion, get flat CDR, it does work. I just prefer to get CDR/Level..
You seem to be confusing opinions and facts.

It's objectively true that for any purpose, CDR/Level is worthless.

And more to the point, you shouldn't be telling people "HOW I PLAY THIS CHAMPION" as a guide, you should be telling people THE BEST way to play a champion in a guide.

RyuNaganoto

02-07-2011

Quote:

And more to the point, you shouldn't be telling people "HOW I PLAY THIS CHAMPION" as a guide, you should be telling people THE BEST way to play a champion in a guide.
I'm not saying this is The Best way to play him, This is how I play him. Their may be a better way to play him but I like to play him like this anyway. And about the CDR/Level, again, personal preference, I may be the minority who likes it. Switch it out for flat if you want, I just like it because I get 38% CDR at 18.

Carados

02-07-2011

Quote:
I'm not saying this is The Best way to play him, This is how I play him.
Then this thread is worthless and is helping no one.

RyuNaganoto

02-07-2011

Quote:
Then this thread is worthless and is helping no one.
If your just going to QQ the whole time, then just leave. It is a build that works, and I am just throwing it out there.

Carados

02-07-2011

Quote:
If your just going to QQ the whole time, then just leave. It is a build that works, and I am just throwing it out there.
Just trying to help out all the new players who see this thread and think it's a good plan to follow... because it isn't.

Here's something: Just because that's how you build him doesn't make it a good way to build him.

Can you JUSTIFY why scaling CDR is better on him, and more to the point what makes him different from every other champion in the game that scaling CDR is better, then go ahead.

Get this: Just because you posted it to help people doesn't make it immune to criticism.

Just like if someone gives someone bad medical advice and they die, it doesn't mean that person doesn't get to be sued because it was advice.

Let's put it this way: Again, why do people care what you build, and why would they care instead of searching for what would be considered and justified one of the best builds?

NeoMitchel

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

02-07-2011

Quote:

quit Raging you make the community look bad

NeoMitchel

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

02-07-2011

Quote:
Just trying to help out all the new players who see this thread and think it's a good plan to follow... because it isn't.

Here's something: Just because that's how you build him doesn't make it a good way to build him.

Can you JUSTIFY why scaling CDR is better on him, and more to the point what makes him different from every other champion in the game that scaling CDR is better, then go ahead.

Get this: Just because you posted it to help people doesn't make it immune to criticism.

Just like if someone gives someone bad medical advice and they die, it doesn't mean that person doesn't get to be sued because it was advice.

Let's put it this way: Again, why do people care what you build, and why would they care instead of searching for what would be considered and justified one of the best builds?
wtf its his opinion and you can follow it if you want, you sure are an ass