Thoughts on Morde's current state?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

GhostDieM

02-08-2011

Hey guys, so I've literally played every 'bruiser' and tank in this game (though some more then others) and the only one that's left is Mordekaiser. The reason being that I can't really play him for some reason believe it or not 0_o
But I'm ready for a new challenge so I finally want to learn how to play him. Now my question is if he's viable now. I noticed that the recent tweaks made him a little bit stronger close to his old level. Note that I don't play ranked (I play for fun with RL friends, mostly 3 - 5 person pre-made) but we are in the range where people buy wards, use them for dragon and baron, almost every game has a jungler and people actually communicate most of the time. So is he viable against these kinds of opponents and what are good builds and tactics for him at this point?

Thanks, DieM

TL;DR How is Morde after all his tweaks and what are good builds and ways to play him at the moment?

Doriantv

02-08-2011

He's a great champ, IMO, and is in a good place right now. But other Tanky DPS tend to contribute more to a team. And yes, having no CC sucks, so be ready to have your friends play dudes like Amumu, Kennen, and Ashe.

On Morde, I would build items like Randuin, Abyssal, Sunfire, FoN, Gunblade, Rylai, etc. There is no "right build" for him, but viable items give Spell Pen, CDR, and Armor/MR. Experiment to find your favorite build.

GhostDieM

02-08-2011

Haha can always count on you to answer my threads somehow rickless Thanks for the tips but they're kind of on the surface. Pretty much had that figured out already . And yea the lack of cc kind of sucks but we usually have a Sion in our team or at least 1 champ with a reliable stun or snare. I guess I just have to practice with the big guy, any build suggestions and play tips are ofc welcome.

PardonMySwag

02-08-2011

The latest buffs he's received, especially this one this latest patch has been amazing to him. Look in my match history if you're curious.