Champion Sneak Peek: Maokai, the Twisted Treant

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Badtz Maruo

02-08-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by ByronicHero View Post
[...], I bet you’ve never had to fight a tree before! Introducing Maokai, the Twisted Treant[...]
no never played against a tree... DotA ?! Treant Protector ?! thought Admin of Allstars-Forum Pendragon and dev. of Allstars Steve Feak are working for riot ?!

Primogenitor

02-08-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by KillerTortilla View Post
please please please make him a dps and not a tank we have enough tanks!

Tanks and supports are the classes we dont have many of. There's lots of DPS.

FAMARA

02-08-2011

i really hope that he is a tank of some sort tanks are really fun to play and they help the team win!

Sasking

02-08-2011

woooh but this is weird. But it's OK I like it.

Keeper of Dreams

02-08-2011

Keeper's Log:
entry 3
page 94
milt:Fly Me To The Moon

Okay friends and foes alike, I have a list. A list of people that caught my attention, for better or worse.

The fist for this post is from page 83

"cDc Chibi" said, "Well i must say i'm kind of excited for this guy. He looks pretty cool and I honestly don't mind what he is cause the concept art has me a little blown away lol xD. GJ RIot ^^. I'm really liking it guys."
Thankyou Chibi, for giving a good, honest, constrotive opionen, and for engnolgeing that all we really know about this guy is his concept art( a point I might bring up latter).

Page 84
"Zardoc" said, "Quote:
Awsome!! next will be blind monk right? xD

How can this guy have -150 and still be visible?

Quote:
PM @Riot There is a error in your post! The new Hero isnt Maokai its Spider-Queen np for help

Yeah very funny..." I feel the way you do, only A LOT more.

Page 87
"Ezrayler" said, "Put him and Malphite on the same team and the other team just cries and sits at spawn." I actually thought that was funny.

Page 88
"Cool Customer" said, "You guys need to make like a TREE and LEAVE. Hahaha I'm just kidding, I suppose you can stay, I just don't know any other Tree jokes :|"
"Quote:
Originally Posted by Duffie
I don't really like him, but he may grow on me.
You win this round, Duffie.
But someday.... I will come up with a better tree joke...." And I hope to be there.

"rjljr" said, "Tank tank tank tank" summing up half the Thread.

Page 89

"mymLaban" said, "Stop just please stop. Its not champs we need its a new got **** map, what kinda game only have one map ffs? Its getting REALLY old" Well I Like BOTH Maps I have to play, not that I'm not looking foreword to the next one.

"Whiteboard" said, "Will this be some clone of rooftrellen with snares + hpregen buffs? I hope not, honestly the game has enought snares as it is, it would be cool thought if Moaki (or w/e he's called) had terrain modifiers. Such an example could be that he broods the earth that he walks on, creating beneficiant buffs or such for himself, allies or the reverse, negative stuff for opposing players, a slowing terrain perhaps?

I bet in the end he will be a another faceroll champion. Just go in, shoot all spells on hostiles for maximum effect when the team clash arises.

Well, I can only hope and despair when I realise his nature. Do your best Riot crew. Illuminate me if you can.

Sincerely - Whiteboard." Again we know nothing about Moakai, but he has one( or two because we can't see the other) really big arm(s) and will(with no sertanty) probably be a tank not an aoe caster.

"Dreverda" said, "Originally Posted by mymLaban
Stop just please stop. Its not champs we need its a new got **** map, what kinda game only have one map ffs? Its getting REALLY old
But there's 2 maps." kind enough to point out the facts, but not so kind to leave him within his own delusion.

"Skrulloc" said, "Quote:
Originally Posted by MrGuppy
What is a thorn mage?
The Thorn Mage is Ryze, from his ritual tatoos." pointing out once again to the helpless, that Ryze is infact a Thorn Mage. LET IT BE KNOWN

Page 90

"P4T0" said, "No surprises here
I even know which will be the next:
Attached Thumbnails
[right here he had the leaked pic of the next champ]" WE KNOW ALREADY, you don't have to brag about it.

Page 91

"R3run" said, "YAY !! i love trees " yes, yes you do. I applaud you.

Page 92

"QueenLolth" said, "fought a tree before in Dota...." summing a good forth of the thread, how wasteful.

Page 93

"More QQ Plz" said, "He better pick up a teammate and throw them on his shoulders!" That would be awesome.I don't think for this champion but some future one, sure.

Part one on page 112
Part two on page 146
Thats all the commenting for the night. I'll be continuing tomorrow. So bring it on! Comment! I'll read it!

aravian

02-08-2011

got a feeling he gonna be a support with some hp. neat. i could get into that. lets see what he's like.

MellyBOOM

02-08-2011

Treebeard! Finally, an Ent. SO. EXCITED.

ProblematicTroll

02-08-2011

Fiddlesticks and malphite had a baby.

TheKillingKnife

02-08-2011

instant buy
i hope he is strong

Adaelphon Delat

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-08-2011

I hope he has moves like Anivia's wall. There aren't enough champions where you can troll your teammates in practice games games for fun. Anivia is great and all, completely stopping friends from jungling and going places, but at a hefty price of 6300 i can only play her when she's free for now. although I may pick her up, i'm working on improving some other champs right now.