Champion Sneak Peek: Maokai, the Twisted Treant

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Kosi Mazaki

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

02-08-2011

hahahh will this be another off tank or dps like Mokujin from Tekken ??!!

Hellmoons

02-08-2011

Riot has to make a female tank there is none i know of.

michcio

02-08-2011

Nice character congartulations

Teh Unholy

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-08-2011

When I saw a champion sneak peak I thought everybody would complain , but I think like me alot of people find a treant champion cool :P I hope he has a similar death animation with the wc3 treants - I allways found it funny.

Ryn

02-08-2011

Another addition to the elemental team!

Rock: Malphite
Wind: Jana
Lightning: Ryze, Kennen
Water:
Ice: Ashe, Nunu, Anivia
Fire: Annie
Wood: Maokai

Metal: Mordekaiser
Dark: Morgana, Veigar
Light: Lux

Gotta catch em all?

Cool.

Fyrfox

02-08-2011

This is good. Also you guys might want to consider making a lightning champion, because we have have ice, and fire already

Mikai

02-08-2011

Kennen is lightning!

Tjakkur

02-08-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by ByronicHero View Post
Sometimes, when you look at the League of Legends champion lineup, itís easy to feel like youíve seen it all. Youíve seen light mages, thorn mages, mad scientists, illusionists, ninjas, and warriors with gigantic swords. But thereís something that this next champion has that none of them do: roots. Thatís right, while you may have been engaged in epic, pitched battles with trolls, gargoyles, ogres, scarecrows, minotaurs, mummies, and mutant armadillos, I bet youíve never had to fight a tree before! Introducing Maokai, the Twisted Treant; a groundbreaking new champion in the League of Legends whose bark may or may not be worse than his bite. You decide.

trolls ---> Trundle
gargoyles ----> gailo
ogres,
scarecrows ----> fiddlestick
minotaurs ---> ali star
mummies ----> emomumu
mutant armadillos ----> rammus

WERE IS THE OGRES !!!

Bees Knees

02-08-2011

The idea of a sentient tree joining the lol fray is interesting. I wasn't sold on the concept art though, I didn't like the little green skirt and he looks too stocky. He reminds me a lot of Malphite and I bet his animations and general body type will mimic Malphite's --- even though I think that the general direction should have been towards Fiddlesticks.

Maokai's fiendish grin reminds me so much of Fiddlesticks and I wish he seemed lighter and not like a decomposing log.

Ark Angel HFB

02-08-2011

THE RP BECAME CANON!!!!!

WOOT MY CHARACTER IS CANON... kinda... lol

(for those not in the know This guy is from a RP that went on in the Lore section....

Looks of people had cool characters and did a great job in the RP'ing. One of the main conflicts was this tree pretty much Owning everyones face... Mord, WW, Mundo, Ez, Hiemer, and Soraka included....

(My character never really interacted with it but he was there. :P)