Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Champion Sneak Peek: Maokai, the Twisted Treant

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Nicvcer

02-08-2011

Hi. I am a graduated game designer and avid player of League of Legends.
I am asking for a re-design of this character concept.
This character just feels too plain at the moment, with the concept not utilizing his roots well enough, and there is no leaves. So much could be done with this character and it would be a shame to just see another "big bashy arm" character. How about a root whip? Razor leaves? The art is good and I see where it is going, but there are too many heroes out right now that share too much in common with this character. Perhaps the tree could submerge under the ground, or root onto other players. Or spread seeds to grow little plant minions, or plant seeds in minions that could make little trees once the minions die. I have faith that you wont dissapoint, as all of your characters turn out simply amazing. There is a lot that can be done here, please make sure you really think about this character!
*Also looking for work, http://www.reesegraphics.com*
Have a nice day!

Rotting Fish

02-08-2011

I'm really hoping a tank this time ...
I just don't think we need another carry ...
We need a lot of GOOD suports and tankz ....

Cyaz

M4L1C3 H34RT

02-08-2011

Quote:
Testidactal:
this awesome, also need a mole like toon , that burrows, to contrast anivia
throw in a root. some capture the flag oh and OPEN NEW MAPS PLEASE

love LoL give me more

wow no ****. i never even considered different objectives before. that would be sick. instead off just destroying the base u could have somthing like capturing magic crystals from the other team and stuff like that.i cant believe i never thought of that.

PepeSanches

02-08-2011

well, my friend whitegercho and me was thinking on a new champ like this one like 3 months ago, was about time

KINGSTON5

02-08-2011

Very good this new champion one Tree

(of the lord of the rings XD)

Zeroxoz

02-08-2011

don't put faces on his arms plz make it runic tracery that outlines the bark and trails off as it goes up

efdeees

02-08-2011

Quote:
Will Annie be super effective against Maokai?

The tree's not dead.

CouchofHeaven

Recruiter

02-08-2011

so... deadwood from Hon?

Urswick Longclaw

02-08-2011

Seems more like the Baron Nasher equivalent for Twisted Treeline but I'll wait for the actual release and first patch to cast judgment.

P4p4B1LL

02-08-2011

Well this looks more like The Lord of The Rings or like Treant champion from DotA...A/w I liked him but I'll w8 until i see his spotlight to tell if hes good or not....