"The Black Rose Shall Bloom Once More"

First Riot Post
12345 ... 11
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

IS1d340cffaf42be96eb107

02-07-2011

Tell me when it does, I'm in no way hating on this champion. Her character design is brilliant but I feel that she lacks in so many areas. LeBlanc is one of the harder casters to play and require a higher play level than most (i'm not saying shes the hardest caster). But I feel like LeBlanc definitely tappers off late game. I understand LeBlanc has a very high single target burst and is very good in lane phase but I feel late game she becomes a CC bot.

Some reasons LeBlanc falls off late game;

*Her dash (also her escape) is a part of her core burst combo
*Her chains require her to be dangerously close to her target
*Banshee Veil cuts off a major % of her nuclear burst
*She excels in single target burst and after doing so she is very useless dmg wise the rest of the fight
*Her ultimate (which she is useless without) is on a 24 sec CD at lvl 16 meaning she rarely gets more then 1-2 ultimate's per fight
*It's very hard even with the right gear to properly position herself and burst her target
*Main damage is Sigil of Silence into an immediate mimic combo, and no reason to mimic chains or dash unless running away

Biggest Flaw:

Sigil of Silence is LeBlanc's bread & butter skill, the flaw in the design is that it requires another spell to trigger the silence debuff. Sigil of Silence is 90% of the time mimic'd because it doesn't cost LeBlanc her escape or survivability skill. After mimic is on cooldown, LeBlanc's Q (Sigil of Silence) is nothing without the debuff triggered. I think LeBlanc should be able to trigger it with an auto attack, or the next source of damage. You should not have to use your escape in order to trigger a mark.

Seriously though.. do people really feel like LeBlanc is viable?

I understand she's a monster if fed, but aren't Akali & Kassadin the same? I mean they're all burst champions.. but it seems like LeBlanc can't keep going as others can.

What I personally believe she needs;

* Increase scaling on Etheral Chains & improve the duration when mimic'd
* Increase Etheral Chains missile speed
* Improve range on her Distortion when mimic'd
* Lower Sigil of Silence base dmg and increase scaling
* Give her ultimate maybe 3-5 less CDR @ Rank 3
* Lower base damages and increase scaling to help improve her into late game
* Provide a better reason other than mimicing Sigil of Silence

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

These are just opinions and if you downvote can you give a legitimate reason as to why? I really love this character but I hate having to hinder my team if the game were to last longer than 30 minutes because I feel at that point LeBlanc really plummets and becomes less viable as the game goes on

tl;dr
LeBlanc has a really good early game but her lategame falls off, and I think they should nerf her early lane phase and increase her lategame in some areas. If you downvote could you provide a legitimate reason as to why? Thanks

KillinUrDoodz

02-07-2011

The key to playing LeBlanc is transitioning late game to a CC Support caster by buying a few survivability items and just constantly outputting your roots and silences, which are very potent. You can still put out a lot of burst, but as the game goes on, your opportunities to do so without getting gibbed go down. Keep your eyes peeled for those moments but remember that you can still contribute a lot to a fight with your control spells.

TheNarwhalKing

02-07-2011

LeBlanc is fine. Much more and she'll be pushed over the edge to OP, especially in pubs. She'll be the new eve down there.

IS1d340cffaf42be96eb107

02-07-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheNarwhalKing View Post
LeBlanc is fine. Much more and she'll be pushed over the edge to OP, especially in pubs. She'll be the new eve down there.
She's not fine.. her lategame she becomes a support character that is just a CC bot and really no damage output. Thats why I believe nerf early game for some extra dmg lategame.. thanks for your opinion however.

Prometheius

02-07-2011

Give her more range on her Q and make her W Sigil last through and R sigil and last longer in general.

She's the "Deceiver" for a reason! At least give her epic juking skills!

Josh de Tonreau

02-07-2011

good suggestions on the mimics but she is most def ugly due to that gay silence xD

IS1d340cffaf42be96eb107

02-07-2011

I'd really love to get a red post on this topic. LeBlanc is by far my favorite character in this game and it kills me that I can't play her in competitive play because she is just not viable lategame.

November Terra

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-07-2011

LeBlanc is fine.

Biraru

02-07-2011

LeBlanc's problem is that she has a terrible laning experience. She just doesn't feel there. All she does is Q the opponent, and then distort, and then wait until she can do it again because she does not have the mana or defense to invest in any other action.

If I wanted to make LeBlanc fun, I would reduce her burst. Yes, I would reduce it. She's a double-Q machine. It's boring. Instead I'd give her this buff:

Quote:
Ethereal Chains: LeBlanc flings illusionary chains towards a target location. If it hits an enemy unit, it will be snared after 2 seconds of delay unless the target breaks away from the chain. The mana cost of this ability is refunded whenever it kills a unit.

Additionally, the cooldown of ethereal chain will refresh whenever LeBlanc succesfully hit a new target. The ability will begun a cooldown from the moment that it misses or hits a target that is already chained.
  • She gets to farm AND have amusing skillshot action going on.
  • She can become a snare-bot in the lategame instead of being a hit-or-miss burst mage!
  • I love throwing chains.

St Viers

02-07-2011

@Hyrulen: part of the diversity of the game is that some champs fall off late-game, while others only get good at that time. This means that:

1. You should have an advantageous enough early game to get the monster build lategame that keeps your damage high

2. You've used your early game dominance to either end the game then, or have crippled their mid/top so that their late game optimal time is later than usual, giving your team more time to stay ahead.

3. You transition into a potent CC bot, and let your late game carries do their job, while you lay down CC and finish off the weak.

If Riot buffed her lategame, it simply wouldn't be fair, unless they changed her to do less early game.

EDIT: lots of reply while I was typing >_>

I like the suggestions (specially the chain), but again, they would be changing how she plays.

12345 ... 11