LOL Replay - In game replay system!

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SlyGoat

02-09-2011

hurray

Haxalot

02-09-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by OpticalShadow View Post
ill try it, but some things id like to see is

of course the free view (no FOW) i would like to be able to click on champions and see what their skill levels are and what items they are building and lastly i would love to see a seek bar (ability to skip though the game like a media player GUI)

idk how viable that any of that is, and ill try your software out, but they seem like some solid goals to shoot for is at all possible.

good work so far.
Hi OpticalShadow,

Thanks for your feedback. Clicking on champions to see what items they have should be working (as it normally does in game). Fog of War and seeing other players skill levels may be rather tricky to add, but we'll see

New in game UI for pausing, adjusting replay speed, and skipping is also in the works, so stay tuned

If you can please redirect any further comments to the new thread that would be much appreciated:

http://www.leagueoflegends.com/board...d.php?t=504515

I find it hard keeping up with too many threads at a time, haha.

Reiver

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-09-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by OpticalShadow View Post
ill try it, but some things id like to see is

of course the free view (no FOW) i would like to be able to click on champions and see what their skill levels are and what items they are building and lastly i would love to see a seek bar (ability to skip though the game like a media player GUI)

idk how viable that any of that is, and ill try your software out, but they seem like some solid goals to shoot for is at all possible.

good work so far.
With his software, it's impossible, he can't even see healthbars outside of where the player's screen was

The reason is that the server doesn't actually send out the packets with that information, and he's essentially just recording all the incoming packets about game state updates and then replaying them back to the client later

facepalmextreme

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-09-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by H911Reiver View Post
With his software, it's impossible, he can't even see healthbars outside of where the player's screen was

The reason is that the server doesn't actually send out the packets with that information, and he's essentially just recording all the incoming packets about game state updates and then replaying them back to the client later
Actually, I was trying to get in touch with haxalot about this, but it's nothing to do with the program.

the key to fixing the no updates past what your character is close to is fixed by merging logs.

I'll try to post an example but haxalot should try for his/herself.

KrantzofJC

02-09-2011

Its great people are finding success with this, however;
I tried 3 times by creating a custom game and putting one bot in, then after about 5 minutes I would quit
All 3 times it said that it was recording and down recording and saved
There was nothing in the file of where the games should have saved
Keep up the hard work

Blux

02-09-2011

Haxalot see thread:
http://www.leagueoflegends.com/board...11#post6058611
I set up my desktop at home as an FTP server for people to upload their replays to!

Please get in contact with me @ iamblux@gmail.com if you want me to take it down, or if you want to collaborate!

Hope to speak to you soon

Tresrosas

02-09-2011

Can someone pls upload a replay file.

I don't know but my replays aren't working.

Blux

02-09-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tresrosas View Post
Can someone pls upload a replay file.

I don't know but my replays aren't working.
Shameless bump, check out my thread, plenty have been uploaded to my server already and are available for download!

Tresrosas

02-09-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blux View Post
Shameless bump, check out my thread, plenty have been uploaded to my server already and are available for download!
Thanks!

Blux

02-09-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tresrosas View Post
Thanks!
No problem :P
Spread the word and tell all your friends!