LOL Replay - In game replay system!

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

voiceboxed

02-07-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omniphage View Post
it records i guess the actions ur _game_client took and the play mode actually starts the _game_client
i tested it, it works
You, sir, are clearly a genius.

TadH

02-07-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omniphage View Post
it records i guess the actions ur _game_client took and the play mode actually starts the _game_client
i tested it, it works
So it records the game but can you see the enemy team , or see what theyre doing? or is it simply from your teams POV?

Jawsus

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-07-2011

This totally seems legit man. Yep... totally legit. I've seen a lot of links in my days and this link seems legit.

Omniphage

02-07-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powermad3 View Post
Or he could have chosen a better posting name than Haxalot.
do you even now what hacking originally means?

Montegomery

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-07-2011

I'm assuming it's from your team's PoV given that the client shouldn't be receiving information about the other team's positions through fog of war (based on statements by Riot). I'm also assuming that patches will break any replays.

Alcapone263

02-07-2011

i'd call bootleg replays a legit hack.

Omniphage

02-07-2011

its from ur teams point of view
but you can scroll
i have a own3d account i can record a session foru ppl

Haxalot

02-07-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warscythes View Post
If is a keylogger then it will log your keys when you are trying to log in your main as well. Unless you are willing to format right after.

@OP: Does this work after a patch? Because Riot's excuse for not having a replay is because you cannot view the replay after a patch and they have a very frequent patches.
There are some temporary measures in place for handling this. Each LOL versions exe is backed up, and version numbers are stored in each replay file. The replay is then opened with the corresponding exe. I have started some work on creating binary diffs, so that these backups are smaller, however I have only been developing this for a couple of weeks (since ~ version 1.0.0.108) so we'll see how it holds up.

Omniphage: Basically, it records network traffic that is sent to the game (in case that makes you paranoid, it does not listen to any other traffic, just the game, not even the lobby client or anywhere you enter login information). Then in order to replay a game, it creates a local server, and tells the client to connect to that. The server then replays all the network traffic back to the client. There are a few other subtlety needed to make this process work smoothly, but thats the general gist of it.

Velkorious

02-07-2011

I would be more likely to trust this if he wasn't a Junior Member with his only 2 posts being in this thread with the name Haxalot...

I'll just wait to see what other people say after testing it.

Tobli

02-07-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImBahBz View Post
It's embarrassing for a company when their community is coming out with updates in a more timely fashion than said company.
Well, the replays Riot has taken so long to implement are supposed to include backwards compatibility with previous patches. I doubt that this will have that.

Then again I'm not sure if Riot will ever finish theirs.