Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Magic pen AND armor pen item

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Phi Trigger

02-07-2011

I think one problem with the hybrid items in this game is that late game hybrid champs can't compliment their hybrid nature. So, even if a hybrid champ does kind of well early and mid game, late game they are doomed to falter just by a lack of scaling against high armor and magic resists. The solution is to simply add an item that has both magic pen and armor pen on it!

My idea:

Haunting guise + brutalizer + 1500 join cost

+250 hp, +50 AP, +25 AD, 15% CDR

For every 10 points of ability power, +1% armor penetration

For every 5 points of attack damage, +1% magic penetration

Ruahi

02-07-2011

Quote:
Phi Trigger:
I think one problem with the hybrid items in this game is that late game hybrid champs can't compliment their hybrid nature. So, even if a hybrid champ does kind of well early and mid game, late game they are doomed to falter just by a lack of scaling against high armor and magic resists. The solution is to simply add an item that has both magic pen and armor pen on it!

My idea:

uh your points to pen are off it should be this
every 5 points of attack damage , +1% armor penetration
every 10 points of magic damage, +1% magic penetraion

because it would be stupid to have it the way you do right now (no offense)

Shí Hou

02-07-2011

I'd say another snowball type item would be better. Some champions late game easily cap over 300-400 AD. 5 Damage=1% Armor Penetration? That is Imbalanced as (Insert adjective).

Did I mention Kassadin can reach 800 AP? yeah right, 80% magic penetration...****... I'd totally get pentakill now for sure.
All Jax has to do now is get this item and he's going to rip everyone apart with his lamp post.

Lethal Loki

02-07-2011

I made a similiar post awhile ago got 0 replies, I agree we need a hybrid pen item... but yours seems a little over the top. Flat pen would be the way to go with this I think, possibley with a unique passive/active... a scaling hybrid % pen is just too much.

Carados

02-07-2011

The question is: Which champion would use this?

And hybrid builds failing isn't penetration, it's fairly simple: There isn't a Hybrid Infinity Edge or a Hybrid Deathcap. Straight scaling is always better then hybrid scaling.

Lethal Loki

02-07-2011

Quote:
Carados:
The question is: Which champion would use this?

And hybrid builds failing isn't penetration, it's fairly simple: There isn't a Hybrid Infinity Edge or a Hybrid Deathcap. Straight scaling is always better then hybrid scaling.

It would be quite usefull on Kayle, Jax, Teemo, Kog'maw, hell maybe even TF, Irelia, Corki, Akali, Blitz, Gragas. And it would synergize well with items some of those champions get like Madreds and SotD

P0ETRYNMOTION

02-07-2011

Quote:
Phi Trigger:

My idea:

I disagree although I would like to see a hybrid penetration item I don't think that it would solve the late game hybrid problem. the biggest problem is that if you hybridize nothing become powerful which makes it tough to fit into any of the traditional roles. Mages need to stack AP DPS champs need lots of AD if you don't focus you don't fit either role. There is one champ that I can think of, off the top of my head, that does pretty well with a hybrid build and that is teamo because each of his auto attacks have an AP component I'm sure there are a couple of other heroes that have similar advantages to hybridizing but I don't care to think about it.

Carados

02-07-2011

Quote:
Lethal Loki:
It would be quite usefull on Kayle, Jax, Teemo, Kog'maw, hell maybe even TF, Irelia, Corki, Akali, Blitz, Gragas. And it would synergize well with items some of those champions get like Madreds and SotD

Kayle, Akali, Teemo, Kog'Maw does primarily magic damage and you don't build them with any AD maybe a token amount due to itemization or a single ability.

Jax and Twisted Fate you don't build hybrid due to lack of scaling, meaning AD Jax and AD TF do very little magic damage and AP Jax and TF do very little physical damage.

Corki/Irelia doesn't do enough magic damage to justify an item, Gragas doesn't do enough physical damage to justify the item.

Assuming intelligent builds, of course.

Let's put it this way: Diversification of damage is always, always reduced damage in this game. Would you buy this item to make your one skill which does non-primary damage do more damage, or would you increase your primary damage sources by more?

Phi Trigger

02-10-2011

Quote:
Ruahi:
uh your points to pen are off it should be this
every 5 points of attack damage , +1% armor penetration
every 10 points of magic damage, +1% magic penetraion

because it would be stupid to have it the way you do right now (no offense)

Disagree. The whole point is to make it an item only hybrids get, not an item ANYONE who stacked high in AD or AP would get. That's what your item would do.

Phi Trigger

02-10-2011

Quote:
Lethal Loki:
I made a similiar post awhile ago got 0 replies, I agree we need a hybrid pen item... but yours seems a little over the top. Flat pen would be the way to go with this I think, possibley with a unique passive/active... a scaling hybrid % pen is just too much.

It scales only to make it only good on champs that are truly hybrid. You can't get armor pen without AP, and can't get magic pen without AD. The scaling will produce only about 40% to either category on most hybrids.