Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

AP Corki: The Misunderstood Yordle

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Basilisk9466

06-03-2010

Interesting guide. When he was given out free a few months back (with the UFO skin >83) I decided to give him another try after some poor performances on weekly rotation, and tried going pure AD. Didn't look back. I still remember going for my first big team fight, spinning up the gattling, and promptly getting triple kill from melting everyone into negative armour between that and cleaver. I always kind of looked on people who did hybrid or caster builds with bemusement and pity, but after reading this through, I'm interested. Might give AP Corki another try.

I suppose I have a bit of thing for taking the AD route where there's a choice. Tristana, Nidalee, Corki - I just plain prefer AD on all of them. Not even tried AP Tristana, simply because it didn't seem to add up.

Though I always have to fight the urge to go AP with Teemo.

Part of it, I suspect, is a disliking of snowball items. I can't for the life of me get Mejai's to work on any champ, not even Karthus. I just tend to forgo such things.

Shaifou

06-04-2010

Thanks for the guide! I tried this in some noob games (only level 8) and won 3 out of 3 after going on a losing streak with Ryze, the other free mage this week. The strong point of this build is a very strong AoE harass that turns into a powerful nuke later once AP and soulstealer kick in. Phos bomb is surprisingly effective at dealing damage, and in team battles I would find myself dealing significant splash damage to the entire team in conjunction with rockets.

Sure, AP Corki won't carry a team lategame, but he will do an amazing job at softening up the opposition. It's also hard to feed with rylais and defensive valk. The one thing that ticked me off a bit is how easy it is to KS from me - which may not even be a bad thing for the team as it lets someone else build up to be the lategame carry.

Also, being a nub, I enjoyed how easy it was to last-hit with him.

Basilisk9466

06-04-2010

Ok, just tried him. Perhaps it's my playstyle, perhaps it was unlucky opponents, but it utterly sucked. 0/7/3 by the 30 minute surrender. Probably didn't help that I was in a sidelane, but got utterly bullied by Mord and Kat combo.

If you can make him work, good luck to you. I'll stick to my AD version.

Shaifou

06-04-2010

^ Corki is probably the worst sidelane hero there is - it is imperative to hit level 3 ASAP for rank 2 bomb. You should not be dying if you are harassing from afar, saving valk and not running blindly into bushes.

Floatzel

06-04-2010

>open thread
>control F for "trinity force"
>not in the item section
>make this post
>close thread

h3w0

06-04-2010

trinity force is rubbish.

And yeah, I don't think this build works in the sidelane. I've been trying to alter it some to serve that purpose but it hasn't been too successful so far.

Shaifou

06-07-2010

Quote:
h3w0:

And yeah, I don't think this build works in the sidelane. I've been trying to alter it some to serve that purpose but it hasn't been too successful so far.

I succeeded in sidelane last night when some ****tard shen stole mid from me; took forever to just hit lvl 3 but after that it was smooth sailing for the most part. That said, annie and yi did exhibit the strange tendency to run around together into phos bomb blasts.

I want to thank you again for this guide; I had a blast playing AP corki this week and am going to miss being able to use him.

Aeromir

06-07-2010

went 5-2 my second time with Corki after reading this guide. Good ish.

dtg1

06-07-2010

Quote:
h3w0:

I've usually played him in bot, occasionally top with fairly good success. It really matters on who your team is though so you can start getting stacks with mejai's. I've noticed that without another fairly hard carry on the team it's hard to completely turn a game one way or another, but you can definitely help push it if you have another carry on the team.

Interestingly enough, I get more kills with this build than the ad builds I've been using.

Deadly Paradox

06-07-2010

AP Corki does indeed work, but he is overshadowed. The fact is, after you use up your missiles, you're left with three abilties. One puts you in danger, while the other doesn't scale with AP. He also lacks an important variable in team fights: crowd control (stuns, fears, silences). The reason why Fiddlesticks and Annie are so high up is due to their crowd controlling abilities and high burst damage.