AP Corki: The Misunderstood Yordle

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Machinas

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-28-2010

I'm definitely low-ELO, but this is ever-so-powerful in that area. Also, I agree too many builds focus on the late-game potency of the hero, completely ignoring that a large amount of games are decided before the heroes even reach 18.

xzymethx

04-29-2010

i dont think its gonna work because i already tried many ap builds and i failed ... but i gonna give it a try

Militiades

Friend of Urf

05-20-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Bombardier View Post
Yes its a smurf and my main is in the top 50 elo at the last point the top 500 was posted, however thats irrelevant as this is a discussion as to the reasons why to chose AP or ATK dmg corki. The opinion of the top tier corki players does matter and it is that opinion of those players that physical is better.
I like how you post on a "smurf" and claim to have another character in the highest ELO possible. Anyway, attack damage corki can suck a nut, cause AP corki can wreck his face anyday. When I have 750+ AP lets see anyone survive my burst dmg and never ending stream of missiles. To me, it seems obvious that corki is based around a ranged AOE design, building for physical dmg means you have to get close (your range isnt that good) and since your corki getting close can often mean getting smashed by the opponents. BTW, it is really easy to shut down physical carries, its called exhaust.

Truffles

05-20-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Militiades View Post
I like how you post on a "smurf" and claim to have another character in the highest ELO possible. Anyway, attack damage corki can suck a nut, cause AP corki can wreck his face anyday. When I have 750+ AP lets see anyone survive my burst dmg and never ending stream of missiles. To me, it seems obvious that corki is based around a ranged AOE design, building for physical dmg means you have to get close (your range isnt that good) and since your corki getting close can often mean getting smashed by the opponents. BTW, it is really easy to shut down physical carries, its called exhaust.
Any dps that doesnt take cleanse is asking for fail, and you must be playing with bads if you're managing to get 750+ AP as corki. I mean really bad.

Xianio

05-21-2010

Ya, if 750 AP is what you're basing this on then you're doing it wrong. No game should ever last long enough for anyone to gain 750 AP. If you've had time to get that high then you should have been able to end the game at least 20 minutes earlier.

But ATK Corki is definitely superior to AP. AP suffers from bad ratios and low base damage. Yes they're very spammy but you'd be better off using that spam to proc sheen or even just as added AoE damage while you attack.

ATK Corki is harder; that's the trouble. You -need- cleanse and I'd probably take exhaust too. Gatling gun is absolutely nuts. That 1 skill + his passive outweighs all gains from AP.

AP is safer, AP can do more obvious AoE damage but actually does substantially less for his team/less damage overall. With 300 attack your normal attacks do 330, you should have black cleaver meaning you actually DO 330 and with Gatling gun + Black cleaver against anyone without armor items you do greater then 330.

By shredding armor through reduction you can get people to less then 0 armor making you GAIN damage and this effect works for your whole team. Basically ATK corki changes the game so that instead of having 30% damage mitigation from normal leveling people against you have a 10-20% damage BONUS against them.

That's VERY bad news for them.

DayInTheSun

05-21-2010

Seems to me like AP Corki suffers from AD Ezreal-itis

Umibozu

05-21-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xianio View Post
Ya, if 750 AP is what you're basing this on then you're doing it wrong. No game should ever last long enough for anyone to gain 750 AP. If you've had time to get that high then you should have been able to end the game at least 20 minutes earlier.

But ATK Corki is definitely superior to AP. AP suffers from bad ratios and low base damage. Yes they're very spammy but you'd be better off using that spam to proc sheen or even just as added AoE damage while you attack.

ATK Corki is harder; that's the trouble. You -need- cleanse and I'd probably take exhaust too. Gatling gun is absolutely nuts. That 1 skill + his passive outweighs all gains from AP.

AP is safer, AP can do more obvious AoE damage but actually does substantially less for his team/less damage overall. With 300 attack your normal attacks do 330, you should have black cleaver meaning you actually DO 330 and with Gatling gun + Black cleaver against anyone without armor items you do greater then 330.

By shredding armor through reduction you can get people to less then 0 armor making you GAIN damage and this effect works for your whole team. Basically ATK corki changes the game so that instead of having 30% damage mitigation from normal leveling people against you have a 10-20% damage BONUS against them.

That's VERY bad news for them.
While I agree that ATK is much better... its not harder. AP is much harder, and only partially because it is UP. It relies on having mana, properly using your Valkyrie and landing your ultimate constantly. AP is not safer.

Xianio

05-21-2010

When I said safer I meant you could fire from a distance and not need to be as close because gatling isn't really useful with AP builds.

h3w0

06-03-2010

I still get a solid laugh out of all the arguments against AP and for AD. Corki is one of the least played and worst played champs in league right now, and is misunderstood by so many. I think last time I checked lolbase stats he was at the bottom of popularity and win/loss ratio.

It's understandable to think ATK is leaps and bounds better, when the average person goes days at a time without seeing a corki in the q's, and when you do see one its usually somebody trying to build trinity force who feeds/does mediocre.

AD corki is alright, but there aren't many situations where a tristana wouldn't ad carry just as good if not better. AP corki has a unique combination of range and burst. Both builds work good, but people who think atk build is the end-all-be-all of corki either haven't tried ap or don't have the slicks to pull it off.

h3w0

06-03-2010

Went through the guide and updated some pieces that had become old with the new patches.