AP Corki: The Misunderstood Yordle

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Kendouy

02-22-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phiphler View Post
The point is that early on you just need mana and HP to kill people, Corki has good enough base damage on everything. MPen runes combines with Sorceror Shoes gives your spells some real force, so before people start buying MGR you can chew them up.
This is the oppertune time to buy and fill a Soulstealer, which compensates for you poor AP ratios with it's massive AP+.
Rylai's gives him utility far beyond his damage, and a perpetual slow will help you and your team get kills you otherwise couldn't. The armour pen of GG still applies.

In the end, it's more about being durable and bursty then dealing massive raw damage, meaning it's a build made more for the actual game then theorycrafted damage charts.
I've got to say, the slow seems nice, but the dmg from gatling must take a major blow late game :/

EasymodeX

02-22-2010

On Corki I use a transition build:

- Sheen
- Rageblade
- Trinity Force
- Black Cleaver

No HP/mana items listed above -- insert those as necessary depending on how the game is flowing. The typical item I would get would be a Catalyst for BV later game, after the Sheen or after the Rageblade.

Early to mid, my AP exceeds 100 or so, with additional Sheen procs and damage / attack speed from the Rageblade. No magic pen, so the nukes lose some bite (randomly considering using my MagPen Marks over ArPen, jury still out).

The key with the above is that Corki utilizes both ATK and AP, so hyper-efficient hybrid items are quite effective (lol Rageblade lol). The AP supplement is very nice for AOE team damage, but the additional single target pew pew is equally useful to burn single targets down that need to go down.

When Corki initiates on a team fight, he gets about 5 charges of Rageblade instantly, then gets the last 3 very shortly thereafter.

Cereal

Adjudicator

02-22-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniperness View Post
I stopped reading when I saw quints for dodge on a carry. right....

Also, I have to say I feel like AP corki is the easy/pub-stomper version. Kind of like Sivir. It's easy enough to max CDR and AP and just spam Boomerang Blade while never getting hit but in higher level play you become more and more useless to your team. AP Corki seems like that exact same thing. Easy to play at a low level, more useless at a high level.
Did you read my post? I argue that AP corki can play from a safer distance than atk corki and do more total dmg (dmg to TEAM rather than single target) than atk corki. I see what you are saying about Sivir, thing is, it's not the same. Everything corki does (including gatling gun if you get rylai's) benefits from AP in a significant way, unlike Sivir. I'm probably mid tier (only because I almost always solo q), but when I play with higher tier friends I do just fine. You don't need 20 charges to be effective. A well built AP corki can stop a TEAM push by himself (near tower) with a couple rockets. I've even "checked"if other team was doing baron by firing rockets from behind wall and killing TWO, with like three blind shots. He is very helpful when loaded with AP, even if not full 20 charges on Mejai.

AIM7Sparrow

02-22-2010

Well I wasn't even responding to your post, but oh well. lol

The OP has dodge for quints. That's what I was talking about. There's no way you can support that, especially with your playing from a safe distance argument, might as well get magic pen or something. I still stand by him being like AP Sivir although maybe a bit more effective.

Phiphler

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

The Council

02-23-2010

To be fair, he edited in that he started using HP quints. Personally I use the same as I use for most casters, 1 MPen, 1 HP, 1 Flat AP.

Cereal

Adjudicator

02-23-2010

Yah, Sniperness, I do totally agree, dodge quints on him is STOO-PID and counter-productive to the build.

AIM7Sparrow

02-23-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phiphler View Post
To be fair, he edited in that he started using HP quints. Personally I use the same as I use for most casters, 1 MPen, 1 HP, 1 Flat AP.
Ahh, I guess he has, although the main section still retains the original quints for dodge which I find just plain gross on a character like Corki. Your quint choice is also very interesting. Does 1 flat AP really do anything for you? I was thinking of editting my caster rune page to 3 MPen from 3 flat HP.

h3w0

02-28-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniperness View Post
Ahh, I guess he has, although the main section still retains the original quints for dodge which I find just plain gross on a character like Corki. .
When I was more in the mid range elo, pretty much every game was a trist or an ashe mid it seemed, and the dodge runes made for many a clutch escape. I havent been using dodge runes for quite a long time now. I agree HP runes are better overall.

DonkeyBalls

03-03-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by EasymodeX View Post
On Corki I use a transition build
I've been having luck with this strategy as well and I'd like others to give it a shot and tell me what you think.

Core:

Doran's Shield + Health Potion
Sheen
Boots (of your preference)
Guinsoo's Rageblade (blasting wand first)
Phage + Zeal -> Trinity Force

Many games this will be all you finish, and I consider your core items:
Doran's Shield, Trinity Force, Boots of XXX, Guinsoo's Rageblade

This build starts you off with the early game punch of an AP build and some extra mana without handicapping a late game physical dps progression. The hybrid items both offer a bonus to attack damage for gatling as well as auto-attack buffs. I find this gives me the best nuke capability, doing maximum single-target damage through a combination of AP and AD.

If the game progresses past this point, my generic default is Black Cleaver for late game dps pushing capability. If a particular threat is giving me a hard time I will buy a survival item, Thornmail or Banshee's Veil, depending on the source.

Give it a shot and let me know how it works for you.

a very nice boy

03-20-2010

I've been using a variation of this build with success, my first time playing Corki. Each game I've played I've had the best score on my team (solo queuing). It's definitely nothing to sneeze at, but I'm just level 21 so