towers

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

PepeThe2nd

04-10-2011

when attacking, at low health, the hero sometimes retreats behind a tower. If i go after the hero the tower will hit me. Is it worth hitting the killing the hero, if I die by the tower?

SiriusBeatz

04-10-2011

Assuming the fact that you don't get hit by the enemy while you're trying to kill them, yeah, it often is. The enemy team doesn't get gold for your death if you were only killed by towers and minions, but any smart player will just auto-attack you once while you dive them so that they get kill credit, in which case it probably isn't worth it.

Exceptions: if you get first blood, you actually earn more gold than they do by killing you, which makes the trade more in your favor. That can be worth it, as long as you don't die to them more afterwards.

Fluffy1

04-10-2011

they are there to defend their tower, if the tower falls early you can roam the map and put more presure on other lanes resulting their demise. 1 early tower easily turns into 3. if they are low and you can kill them use that fear to your benefit, they wont try and kill you so focus their tower down while they are helpless. if they are still there when tower falls jump em.

TheOmnipotentone

04-10-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by xSiriusx View Post
Assuming the fact that you don't get hit by the enemy while you're trying to kill them, yeah, it often is. The enemy team doesn't get gold for your death if you were only killed by towers and minions, but any smart player will just auto-attack you once while you dive them so that they get kill credit, in which case it probably isn't worth it.

Exceptions: if you get first blood, you actually earn more gold than they do by killing you, which makes the trade more in your favor. That can be worth it, as long as you don't die to them more afterwards.
Dead on right here, unless your can get the kill without being touched by the other hero usually not worth it. No need to give them gold if you can avoid it.

Nzykmulk

04-10-2011

As stated before, if it is a first blood there will be an increased amount of gold for you if you kill them before the tower does. But it could also depend on the champions each of you have. If you will regen faster and be able to kill them easier at a later time it may be better to just wait and kill them later by waiting. Make it so that they have to go back by either letting them push out a bit and then zoning them from experience unless they can come attack you (which if they are at low health you should be able to turn and kill them if they do). This will either force them to go back and give you valuable time to not only heal up yourself but gives you time to gain xp while they cannot.

When they do back to heal, feel free to back yourself if you don't think you can take them as soon as they get back or just push to the tower and start taking it out.

ArgothBlackblade

04-10-2011

so long as you yell worth it in the chat ur fine

PepeThe2nd

04-12-2011

what if the enemy is legendary? You get extra gold

TheOmnipotentone

04-12-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by PepeThe2nd View Post
what if the enemy is legendary? You get extra gold
I see your point here only problem with someone who is legendary, unless they just got really really lucky chances are if you tower dive your just giving them a free kill. If they only have 25 health and you can then ya hell one death for 1000+ gold might be worth it... Again remember that the objective of the game is to destroy nexus only way to do that is kill towers. Don't focus too much on getting kills, yes they're nice and give you money but they aren't the reason your playing the game. Focus on winning first then getting kills

PepeThe2nd

04-14-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheOmnipotentone View Post
I see your point here only problem with someone who is legendary, unless they just got really really lucky chances are if you tower dive your just giving them a free kill. If they only have 25 health and you can then ya hell one death for 1000+ gold might be worth it... Again remember that the objective of the game is to destroy nexus only way to do that is kill towers. Don't focus too much on getting kills, yes they're nice and give you money but they aren't the reason your playing the game. Focus on winning first then getting kills

i do realize now, that i would then have more experience