How to build SHEN?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

KerraTHEkiller

02-06-2011

i only wanna know how to build SHEN

IWBTG

02-06-2011

It solely depends on your opponents team, but if you are the kinda shen that pushes side lanes all the time, get sunfire for quicker farming.

GoSu Liquid

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-06-2011

Well, i say it situational. But, You're average shen build should be: Randuins, merc treads, banshees, Aegis. Other items are situational, But can include: Warmogs, FoN, thornmail, etc. Anything tanky, really. If your team is doing good and you feel like being evil pick up an atmas with warmogs.

ReadInPeace

02-06-2011

Tank...

Aessa

02-06-2011

mejai's rabadons etc etc

or you could build him like every other tank, situationally :P

biomorph

02-06-2011

Merc Treads, Aegis is very solid if you want to go for mid game map control.
Merc Treads, Omen, Banshee for longer farms.
People tend to say that tank is situational this situational that, it is true. But if you try to generalize a bit above random ELO hell fast lock in senseless type games you almost always find your self in need of balanced Magic Resist and armor. Further you always encounter some forms of CC which is why Merc Treads go all the way on Shen and tanks in general.

I have also used Merc Treads, Warmogs and GA for starters. Warmogs is not favored by many but it gives you a **** ton of HP and you dont need to get more HP items after and just focus on defense and Merc Treads + GA do nicely for starters. But since you only pack HP for starters it is best if the enemy do not have early game face roll champs like Sion, Xin etc because it will take a lot of farm before you get your resists up.

Just a few ways I build shen when playing him. I only listed two/three items in all cases because they are always the most important ones I find. You should find a good base for your game and whatever comes after always depends on the outcome of the game. Are the physical carries fed, throw in a Thornmail, Sunfire whatever with armor. Are the AP carries fed throw in a FoN or whatever seems the best option.

GhostDieM

02-06-2011

Boots (Merc's or Tabi)
Aegis
Warmog's
Situational tank item (Like FoN, Randuin's, Thornmail, GA)
FM or Rylai's for some added late game oomph + slow
Situational tank item if the game lasts this long

Sexington McSex

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Master Recruiter

02-06-2011

When I first started, I built shen to be a fricken ninja.
I got his attack speed to 2.500 by buying a whole buncha zeal and stingers.
lol
Now I build him like a tank. Randuins, Thornmail, Wardensmail, Aegis, and Sunfire