RIOT Make us some support champs plz

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Thunknor

01-21-2010

Two of the main things support heroes do to support, heal and speed people up, are kind of messed up right now because heals are hard countered by ~1k gold and the math in the game for people getting sped up while they have a slow on them makes it kinda useless. The best kind of "support" by far is crowd control which is found on tanks and mage champs more than the supposed pure support ones.

In case someone comes in to point out that Taric and Alistar are actually pretty decent, remember that they're both as much tank as they are support and they both have strong CC abilities. The healing is mostly icing on the cake that helps with early game laning/pushing.

Motas

01-21-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onlyashadow View Post
There's more to support than HEALS PLEASE, HEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAALLLLLLLLLLLLLSSSSSSSSSSSSS.

Warwicks IAS buff can be popped while he's across the map from you, aiding you in taking down a turret or enemy.

By that logic I'm counting 17 champions with support capabilities
You know what, I totally agree with you, why are we arguing, you are so right and I am way wrong.

We should stop arguing and make LoL harmony

From now on, I promise to (using Warwick as an example):

• Purchase only support gear for him in order to hit the 40% CD cap in order to make the most of his support abilities.
  • Be able to use Hunter's Call every 19.2 seconds, so it will be available to my team all game.
  • In fact, Warwick doesn't even need damage or hp, just build mana regen and CD reduction and he can support a team better than Soraka.
  • Actually, Warwick is such a great support champ, he can out-support even Soraka and Zilean and Taric put together.
  • Dang, and I was pwning with DPS, wait till everyone gets a load of this.
  • I don't know how I've been missing this amazing support hero, and his optimal usage for support, you've really opened my eyes thank you so much.
Once again, sorry for being a moron.
You were right and I was wrong, I'll be sure to try out this build sometime, I'll let you know how it goes

-Motas

Sylph

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Emissary of the League

01-21-2010

+1 more support champions please.

Ixalmaris

01-21-2010

People would play support characters if there was actually a reason to choose a support champion over a carry or tank.
Unless you are aiming for a specific combo with the single good ability a support character has you are always better of playing a tank or carry.

Sylph

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Emissary of the League

01-21-2010

I would like to think that support champions play a good role in team based maneuvers. They don't get the overwhelmingly positive feedback or MVP of the game, but they are fun to play. Either way, variety is a good thing, maybe the next champion could be a support mage/caster type.

Nizari

01-21-2010

They are the least popular because they don't get loving... the basis for how they work is broken in that half the time they get no KB/Assists despite setting up kills that would have otherwise gotten away, long cooldowns, and weak early game.

Sylph

Emissary of the League

01-21-2010

+1 yeah. Like any other option out there, it is the less popular one. I'm sure they will come up with something.

inept

01-21-2010

no one plays support and the rare time that they do, it is to do a joke build like deeps DPS soraka or something

Motas

01-21-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onlyashadow View Post
There's more to support than HEALS PLEASE, HEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAALLLLLLLLLLLLLSSSSSSSSSSSSS.

It would appear that this game defines support as a character who can increase a champions move speed, attack, damage, and provide heal, or shield.

Warwicks IAS buff can be popped while he's across the map from you, aiding you in taking down a turret or enemy.
You know what, I totally agree with you, why are we arguing, you are so right and I am way wrong.

We should stop arguing and make LoL harmony

From now on, I pledge to with Warwick:

• Purchase only support gear for him in order to hit the 40% CD cap in order to make the most of his support abilities, because clearly this is the way to play him.
  • Be able to use Hunter's Call every 19.2 seconds, so it will be available to my team all game.
  • In fact, Warwick doesn't even need damage or hp, just build mana regen and CD reduction and he can support a team better than Soraka.
  • Actually, Warwick is such a great support champ, he can out-support even Soraka and Zilean and Taric put together.
  • Dang, and I was pwning with DPS, wait till everyone gets a load of this.
  • I don't know how I've been missing this amazing support hero, and his optimal usage for support, you've really opened my eyes thank you so much.
Once again, sorry for being a moron.
You were right and I was wrong, I'll be sure to try out this build sometime, I'll let you know how it goes

-Motas

Edit: just wanted you guys to see this great strategy, so i posted it twice

Kodoku

01-21-2010

Unless you're referring to something other than the quote that they don't make them because people don't play them, I think that quote's wildly misunderstood.

I can't speak for the one who said it, but to me that just means they're more focused on the other champion types simply because they're more popular. Which seems like a reasonable thing to do at this point in LoL.

Personally I play Katarina/Alistar/Kayle/Sivir most frequently, so I've a taste for support as well.