Gold per second

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

AriesMajor

02-05-2011

So I was curious about maxing out certain dps champ builds by sacrificing armor pen for utility quints. So let just jump right into the technical discussion.

Your gold per second doesn't start kicking in until minions spawn, which means there will be no way possible to use this to your advantage until the match pretty much starts.

So heres some food for thought.

Would it be possible to stack enough gold per second so that during the begginning of the match you could maybe wait a few seconds after minion spawn to buy a doran item+ a potion?

More food....
Would running a ranged dps build with say an avarice blade or philo stone as an early game item + 3 gold quints, give yourself enough gold per second, along with cs to actually pay for the philo stone or avarice blade, and on top of that scale into 40 minute gameplay enough to be a significant boost in equipment gaining rate?

So looking at armor pen quints you'd lose about 10 armor pen by replacing the quints.
So the grand puba of this would be how fast would you be able to get that armor pen back and then some by rushing something like a brutalizer within the first 10 minutes!

So compared to the normal gold gain rate vs gold quints+gold item+mastery minus 10 armor pen

Out of these two which serves the greater payoff in late game matches.
And how does the rune and itemization change your early game presence?

Discuss.

Not LiteKerosene

02-05-2011

philo stone pays for itself after 20min, so buying atleast one is good.

Galefire

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-05-2011

Gold per 10 quints. With 3 of them you get 3 gold per 10. That's 18 a minute. Assuming a 25 minute game, that's 450 gold. 10 armor pen is more expensive than that.

AriesMajor

02-05-2011

After looking at the gold per second from quints it looks kinda weak, But I'm still not sure of the overall payoff of it on any given champ in an actual game.

AriesMajor

02-05-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galefire View Post
Gold per 10 quints. With 3 of them you get 3 gold per 10. That's 18 a minute. Assuming a 25 minute game, that's 450 gold. 10 armor pen is more expensive than that.
so thats basically twice as long as a philo stone >.>

I wonder why riot hasn't considered maybe buffing those quints to 5 gold/10 similar to the items, or some off number like 3/10

Benign Sentinel

02-05-2011

You want to run the Gold quints on your support characters rather than your carries.

AriesMajor

02-05-2011

I think I got this math wrong but 3 gold quints + mastery+philo stone=1500 gold every 25 mins?

Wait wtf? wait no......1350

Deathx524

02-05-2011

1350g/25min?

secret edit mode engaged.

TalkGibberish

02-05-2011

PHreak really likes them on support chars.

on physical carries, the early arm pem is too valuable

AriesMajor

02-05-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathx524 View Post
900 every 25 min?
Mastery=1/10
philo stone=5/10
3 quints=3/10
so thats 9 gold per 10 seconds
9*6=54(25)=1350