Will Riot Eventually Favor Paying Players?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Mulgruf

02-05-2011

I'm sure there's other threads on this topic and for that I'm sorry but I have always wondered if Riot would start to recognize the people that pay for Riot points and give them exclusive rewards, for the reason of encouraging them to buy more RP. Personally I think it would be pretty stupid even tho I've bought at least about 15 skins myself, but I would just like to hear what you guys think. Could you see it happening?

Noobus Maximus

02-05-2011

Exclusive rewards like... skins?

Grenadilla

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-05-2011

Probably not,
With the tencent buying Riot games LoL will just be filled with AD's and an unfriendly community

20 bucks says its gonna happen

Reaver Forte

02-05-2011

Yes.

Not only paying players but players that are popular and run Livestreams, which in turn generate profits for Riot like a paying player would. (see: HotshotGG)

BloodLikeIce

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-05-2011

I already have exclusive stuff that some people don't, skins.

If they wanted to throw me a free skin for spending 200$, then sure what the hell but I don't really care.

Reppuken

02-05-2011

Reminder: Tencent's major goal with the majority shareholding is the expansion of League of Legends in China. US servers should remain largely unaffected.

The Cello Pony

02-05-2011

Huh? I don't get why I should get rewarded for it. It was my choice and everyone else's to buy Riot points. I wasn't expecting, nor am I entitled to, anything in return. I bought the RP and got what I wanted to spend it on. That's how it works.

Bostwik

02-05-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adell Greene View Post
Huh? I don't get why I should get rewarded for it. It was my choice and everyone else's to buy Riot points. I wasn't expecting, nor am I entitled to, anything in return. I bought the RP and got what I wanted to spend it on. That's how it works.
this

Hikaratu

02-05-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adell Greene View Post
Think of it like frequent flyer miles, if the concept is confusing to you.

Mordiford

02-05-2011

I was really optimistic a while back when I first bought RP, I thought I was supporting Riot and eventually we'd all get the benefit of a host of new features that other games already have. Since this isn't happening I would hope we'd at least get some kind of reward for supporting the game.

As it stands, you can get much more out of your money spending it on most other games.

Now, non-paying players are already getting a lot for not free, I don't see any reason to increase IP rewards or provide any other rewards in that department at the moment. They're essentially playing to unlock more content, this is hard to argue against. However, if you compare this to the RP cost for a single champion, it's bloody ridiculous, instead of paying for three champions I could buy all the heroes in HoN.

At the end of the day, what we're seeing is simply "Hey, I don't pay, give more rewards to non-paying players" on one side and, "Hey I actually pay you guys money, give more rewards to paying players". From my perspective, the non-paying players are already getting a hell of a lot and don't have any reason to complain, it's the paying customers who are not getting their money's worth. That's how I feel at least, and that's why I haven't bought RP recently. Not worth it.