Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Shaco jungle, help me please!!

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

DrYumYums

02-05-2011

Hello, after getting slapped around by a good shaco jungle, i pretty much spent every game trying to get the ip to buy him. Now that I have him, I've watched/read tutorials on him for the last day and pretty much got the theory of Shaco down.
I start, Cloth Armor and 5 health pots. Run to lizard/golem area, drop 2 boxes at the 2 small golems and then 3 up at lizard. Minions spawn and i attack lizard and let my boxes go to town, drop one behind him as my cool down comes off for that extra 20% attack from behind bonus. Humiliation!!!!! Shaco has been killed by a Minion! So i QQ and get NOOB! yelled at me by my team and opposing team. Sigh.
Next game, cloth and 5pots. Run to lizard and drop all 5 boxes there. He spawns, do more damage, smite and drop my 6th box behind him. HUMILIATION!!! again! NOOB NOOB NOOB!!!! Sigh again! So here is my first question.
I'm only level 10 and have only mana regen runes/quints and all my points so i can get the extra xp and longer neutral creep buff in my mastery tree. Is it even possible to jungle with Shaco being such low level and not having the extra mastery points and lv3 runes? What path should I take? Any other advice? Thanks for the help!

Edit: So i just played a practice game, dropped 4 boxes at the 2 little golems, ran up and smited blue wraith, ran back down and killed both golems, hit level 2, ran back up finished wraiths, ran over to dogs and hit 3, dropped 3 boxes at blue and boxed/smited/attacked till it died almost hitting 4...or did i i dont remember. Anyways, I can survive it as long as i have the pots but is that even a good path so I can start harassing and/or going straight to red? I also duo que sometimes, should i see if my buddy can tank blue for a second or two? Thanks again for reading and the help =)

kyurize

02-05-2011

put 1 box at withces, 1 at small 2 golems, then start putting boxes at lizard, kill the witches put a box (if u can) at lizard, kill the golems now u can kill lizard with some more boxes, then gank, recall and start where u please

note: u should test your skills in practice before doing it on a game

zinku418

02-05-2011

usually i start at our blue, and i get 4 JITB out directly next to the minion sign. then i wait in the bush, you can save smite or use smite if you want to, its up to you. you level deceive after and move to wolfs, make sure you attack all minions from behind to take advantage of your passive which gives you free damage.

at lvl 3, you can stack 3 JITB and take lizard without losing too much HP, but you risk running out of Blue in the process. with 2 JITB you can take it but you'll sustain some damage, but after that you can gank top.

skill leveling, R>Q>E>W
obviously getting W at lvl 1 because you need it for jungling.

DrYumYums

02-05-2011

Quote:
kyurize:
put 1 box at withces, 1 at small 2 golems, then start putting boxes at lizard, kill the witches put a box (if u can) at lizard, kill the golems now u can kill lizard with some more boxes, then gank, recall and start where u please

note: u should test your skills in practice before doing it on a game

This seems pretty close to what i just tried, i'll give this one a whirl as it seems better than what I just did. Do I hit level 2 with just the wraith/witches and will 1 box at small golems be enough to kill them? Thanks again!

CroakerX

Recruiter

02-05-2011

There are SO many ways to jungle shaco, this is the one I've been doing the past few days.

Start with:

Cloth armor
3 health pots
1 mana pot
Ghost,
Smite

Ghost out to small golems, put a jack in the box a couple pixels behind where the one closest to your spawn will be. Place 3 in front of the lizard. Place another in the spot of the first when the minions spawn, and kill the first small golem without taking damage (practice to make sure you know how to get the golems to attack the boxes instead of you). Now, place a 4th jack in the box in front of the lizard, stand right behind the boxes, and smite the lizard. It will run towards you and you, trigger the jack in the boxes. Let it and it's minions attack the boxes while you kill the lizard. Now upgrade two-shiv and kill the small minions. You have taken less than 100 damage and gotten all that stuff already.

Run back down and kill the second small golem, making sure it attacks a jack in the box instead of you (you should have used your mana pot by now.) You still will be at almost full health. Go get the wraiths (again, trick them into attacking your box.) You can continue on the the golem, the wolves, or go back depending on your health and amount of health pots.

Once you finish wriggles lantern and gotten a dagger (for zerkers) at around level 8, go and solo the dragon with your copy, using decieve and boxes to make it attack you as little as possible.

Once you have Wriggles, Zerker's, and Bloodrazor and are level 16, you can solo the baron.

And finally, since this is about shaco, I have to throw in the most important thing to know while playing shaco:

DO NOT USE DECEIVE TO INITIATE, OR IN THE MIDDLE OF FIGHTS. Deceive is to catch up or to get away. With this tip, I go most games without dying a single time. You do not need deceive to do crazy damage. In general, run out behind people, ult, attack them, and use two shiv for the killing blow. Also, do not deceive when jungling in the enemy jungle; you are liable to get ganked, and so you want to be able to get out quickly.

EDIT: anybody who levels up deceive first is a fool and should not be allowed to choose shaco. Two shiv is amazing for it's slow, it's nuke, and it's miss chance (invaluable while jungling.) Deceive is the same amount of goodness at any level, allowing you to jump the same distance and stay stealthed the same amount of time. You won't use it while jungling hardly at all, and you won't be initiating with it.

PardonMySwag

02-05-2011

You are doing it perfectly fine. It's just that jungling got more difficult with shaco since they changed the minion AI, and the magic resists - so boxes do less damage. When you do the two at golem, make sure to try to lure the closest golem to your boxes, because sometimes the boxes will screw up and attack both golems, instead of just one. Do the same thing with lizard. I use reginalds method all the time, works perfectly for me.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TRXhm3oiIn8

Is a good video to start off with

liquidstardust

02-05-2011

start red pot and 5 potions if u only lvl 10...

32 retsubknat

02-08-2011

Hi

32 retsubknat

02-08-2011

Try 2-shiv the lead wolf (from behind) should insta kill then standard attack the other 2. Should work from lv1

Lechrist

03-22-2011

dfsdfsdf