Way of the Snake (Cassiopeia skill lvling)

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Medusa

05-09-2011

In order of importance, left to right

PG > Twin Fang > Miasma > NB

PG, self explanatory.

Twin Fang since each lvl is the equivalent of about 80AP and its ratio is .55 Can also be used to last hit since your passive last's for 5 sec, if you time it right you should regain most if not all the mana back during those 5 sec's.

Miasma since its ratio is the worst out of all the skills and its debuff is twice as much per lvl compared to the MS buff from NB. Most often people will be in if for at least one second then it also lasts 2 sec when they are out. Thats as long as NB's.

NB best to keep this one low since its ratio is .9 and if need be can be used to keep the passive up.

Get a point in all by lvl 6 for sure.

Kuryaka

05-09-2011

I believe Noxious Blast is far more important if you're solo laning, helps escape ganks. I go Ult > Q > E > W. Unable to burst people down. Just hold lane and farm like mad.

Also because Noxious Blast gives YOU a speed boost, thus they can't do anything about it if they're not in range to hit you. While they can cleanse dat slow. It's also more spammable for running and escaping/chasing.

Medusa

05-09-2011

True, though id say Miasma over NB since it only helps you and you alone. Miasma lasts for 7 sec and helps everyone on your team. I would be happy with them Cleansing the slow from Miasma since the de-buff can be easily reapplied. Also i would use both NB and Miasma together when possible.

Perhaps an enemy thinks you alone, bam slow em with Miasma, draw em out and when your another person comes up to help (assuming this was planned to some degree) it helps them out.

Then as they hit Miasma to escape id tag em with NB and continue the chase with however many of my buddies and in a sec or two Miasma is off CD n rdy to use again.

For earlier in the game (when you usually wont have to go help defend a lane or join in team fights else where) it would be a good choice. As you mentioned when Solo ofc.

TheOnlyJaces

05-09-2011

I have a really good win ratio with cass
I always go R>E>Q>W while getting Q at level1.

'E' is your primary source of dps.
Putting 1 in W is good enough to slow/poison imo.

I'd like to try maxin W first tho. I've heard it can be really good but meh.

Jack Harkness

05-09-2011

You should get a point into q first then max e first, it's by far your primary source of damage, cooldowns matter just as much as flat damage and with virtually 0 cd the damage potential from twin fangs beats the rest of her skills.

KPloggz

05-09-2011

I go QEQWQRQEEEREQWWRWW

Explanation: Q is a very strong harass. About level 7 a Q then W on caster minions gives 3 creep kills for about 120 mana; I switch to E after level 7 (4 points in Q) because you should be ganking at this point, and E is your source of damage.

Fluffy1

05-09-2011

noxious blast is her core skill and is nessesary on her. not for the damage but for the speed boost, its her main chasing/escaping/survival skill. if you leave it till later to level you will be easy prey to anyone with a gap closer as you wont have enough of a boost, your slow wont cut it.

i usualy grab 1 point in misasma just for the slow and emergency poison should i miss Q, Q maxed asap with twinfange after to get my aingle target damage up(since teamfights will be happening more later than earlier) then miasma to scale my teamfight damage last. take up whenever you can.

Shoto Matrony

05-10-2011

Are you guys aware that fully geared Noxious blast does like 700+ damage?

And maxing out Miasma first because it has lower damage is stupid. Unless the diameter gets bigger by level it will never be worth it.

Twin fang IS the best skill to max first because you can use it every second as long as they are poisoned. This means that once maxed, it does 200 base damage per second.

Next should be Noxious blast, this gives you the run speed debuff, and speed means everything. Plus it has good range, and doesn't reveal you when in bushes or over a wall like Twin fang and Miasma. Plus you can check bushes with it and it's pretty demoralizing when you can't see somebody spamming noxious blast on you but they know you're there. Add to that the damage is really high.

Finally you max miasma, for the simple reason that you have to. I mean honestly I could play a game with 1 point into this and it wouldn't bother me. While this is useful, it's not useful because of it's damage, and increased slow isn't too great. Miasma's main purpose is to throw it down and slow an opponent chasing you or that you are chasing, it's great for kiting through the jungle, landing an easy poison on your opponent, throwing it on a cluster **** team fight, and helping your team mate get away.

Fluffy1

05-10-2011

and twin fang and miasma also drain your mana like a boss even with her passive. Q is cheap, effective and usefull for all round bread and butter skill

Medusa

05-10-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoto Matrony View Post
Are you guys aware that fully geared Noxious blast does like 700+ damage?

And maxing out Miasma first because it has lower damage is stupid. Unless the diameter gets bigger by level it will never be worth it.

Twin fang IS the best skill to max first because you can use it every second as long as they are poisoned. This means that once maxed, it does 200 base damage per second.

Next should be Noxious blast, this gives you the run speed debuff, and speed means everything. Plus it has good range, and doesn't reveal you when in bushes or over a wall like Twin fang and Miasma. Plus you can check bushes with it and it's pretty demoralizing when you can't see somebody spamming noxious blast on you but they know you're there. Add to that the damage is really high.

Finally you max miasma, for the simple reason that you have to. I mean honestly I could play a game with 1 point into this and it wouldn't bother me. While this is useful, it's not useful because of it's damage, and increased slow isn't too great. Miasma's main purpose is to throw it down and slow an opponent chasing you or that you are chasing, it's great for kiting through the jungle, landing an easy poison on your opponent, throwing it on a cluster **** team fight, and helping your team mate get away.
So max out Miasma sooner then NB, if speed means everything. You notice the difference in how much its slow increases by each lvl? yeah twice as much as NB's buff.

Hows an AoE slow that lasts 7 sec and benefits your whole team not useful, lol. Oh and you can check bush's even with a lvl 1 NB