1 gold per 10 sec runes

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Adimask

Member

05-28-2010

i like using them their good on every single hero and with the utility talent that's 4 gold per

10 seconds from the start of the game, which over time gives a substantial amount of gold.

also if your rushing a philosopher stone and u get it by like 7 min in game, your looking at +9 gold per 10 seconds.

Your opinions on gold runes?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ozzadar

Member

05-28-2010

I personally think that adding an extra 6 gold a minute isn't going to do much compared to increasing your survivability or damage potential.

Let's say you have crit runes, and you get a kill because of a lucky crit. That's 450g. Right there you gain more gold that you would in 75 minutes of play. (Im really tired so my math could be way off). Assuming, that math is correct, then I think it's more than worth working on getting kills then an extra 6 gold a minute.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Viss

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Member

05-28-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozzadar View Post
I personally think that adding an extra 6 gold a minute isn't going to do much compared to increasing your survivability or damage potential.

Let's say you have crit runes, and you get a kill because of a lucky crit. That's 450g. Right there you gain more gold that you would in 75 minutes of play. (Im really tired so my math could be way off). Assuming, that math is correct, then I think it's more than worth working on getting kills then an extra 6 gold a minute.
Yeah. You are wrong. You would gain the SAME EXACT amount as you would in 75 minutes

LMFAO!

Gold Runes.. Haha.

P.S. OP: You should also rethink Philo Stone. You put too much reliance on Gold/sec. Heck, I generally skip Greed in the Support tree, even if I'm going 21 point Support. Gold per sec does nearly nothing. There's nearly always a better option in MY opinion.

P.P.S. Lets use another example. Say you use Flat HP Runes. Almost 100 extra HP. The death it is BOUND to save will pay for itself in creeps that you're able to last hit due to still being alive. Not to mention you don't miss out on XP and such. I believe that the death time you will have avoided, will have easily paid for itself in that regard.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ozzadar

Member

05-28-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viss View Post
Yeah. You are wrong. You would gain the SAME EXACT amount as you would in 75 minutes

LMFAO!

Gold Runes.. Haha.

P.S. OP: You should also rethink Philo Stone. You put too much reliance on Gold/sec. Heck, I generally skip Greed in the Support tree, even if I'm going 21 point Support. Gold per sec does nearly nothing. There's nearly always a better option in MY opinion.

P.P.S. Lets use another example. Say you use Flat HP Runes. Almost 100 extra HP. The death it is BOUND to save will pay for itself in creeps that you're able to last hit due to still being alive. Not to mention you don't miss out on XP and such. I believe that the tim you would have spent dead, will have easily paid for itself in that regard.

lol yeah, worded that wrong didnt I? Well at least my math was right


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Adimask

Member

05-28-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viss View Post
Yeah. You are wrong. You would gain the SAME EXACT amount as you would in 75 minutes

LMFAO!

Gold Runes.. Haha.

P.S. OP: You should also rethink Philo Stone. You put too much reliance on Gold/sec. Heck, I generally skip Greed in the Support tree, even if I'm going 21 point Support. Gold per sec does nearly nothing. There's nearly always a better option in MY opinion.

P.P.S. Lets use another example. Say you use Flat HP Runes. Almost 100 extra HP. The death it is BOUND to save will pay for itself in creeps that you're able to last hit due to still being alive. Not to mention you don't miss out on XP and such. I believe that the death time you will have avoided, will have easily paid for itself in that regard.
so should i just run with health runes for my 3 super slots? forgot the name its late.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

DePatron

Member

05-28-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adimask View Post
so should i just run with health runes for my 3 super slots? forgot the name its late.
Yea you should, the +93 hp is very good on almost every champ
especially for your early game..
Other good options are MS runes, CDR runes or maybe experience runes
Gold/sec is indeed a bad idea, it looks good on paper, but in reality it's neglegible


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

peyo

Senior Member

05-28-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by DePatron View Post
Other good options are MS runes, CDR runes or maybe experience runes
just no... Movement Speed might be OK on very few champs, but CDR/EXP quints are a fail...

Magic & Armor Pen ftw


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

McRofls

Senior Member

05-28-2010

I'm really a fan of the Flat Health Quints. Add a Dorans item and running in Lvl1 with 800 health is pretty mean for some First Bloods.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

peyo

Senior Member

05-28-2010

yeah, Flat HP is also very good option

get rid of these gold ones, really


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

VIVr

Senior Member

05-28-2010

Meh. I did the math, and with three greed quints, you get around 500 gold in 30 minutes. This is far from overpowered, but it gives you an extra tome/longsword/elixir+2 wards/crystal/etc. They are, pretty much, outdoing or on par with all other scaling quintessences, unless you got fed or went mid. However, flat quintessences like flat health, flat armor/magic pen and stuff like that are an entirely different bag of rats, and might arguably be better, because they affect early game performance way more and we all know early game is important to success.