Champion Sneak Peek: Pantheon

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Lyth329

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-24-2010

I find it funny that everyone is arguing about what is right and not. I don't remember seeing anyone say anything astute about..let's say...Cho'Gaths armor? The comparison I'm trying to make is they can name the character and then design the character however they feel. It's a game. They want to call it Jesus and make him have horns and a demon's tail..whatever. It's their game.

Antherius

01-24-2010

There should be a Captain America type hero! Someone who throws his shield and pulls people to him >

Darklord620

01-24-2010

I am very glad to see that it is not another short champion. Looks pretty sweet

Androidious

01-24-2010

I like it a lot, but I think it looks a ton like Kayle to me. Maybe I'm biased, who knows. Can't wait to see the colors though... muhwhahaha
SPARTA!

x420DONGSQUADx

01-24-2010

very cool heros. you guys gotta come out with some more maps

Nathanamus

01-24-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatouPower View Post
He looks great... really... But could you guys please concentrate on balancing the champions you've created FIRST?!?!?

I know it's not the same department and everything, that there is a team made only to create champions... but the reality is that the more champions you create, the harder it will be to balance them all. Already, on the 3 new champions you've implemented, 66% are either really OP or broken (well, 2/3). And then you add another champion wich wil probably be not balanced again? It's ridiculous...

And, WTF? Another DPS? Don't we have ENOUGH DPS already? Maybe he'll be a bit of support (like a paladin or something like that), but he still looks like a real, hard DPS... What about mages? What about supports?

I'm becoming ashamed of LoL a lil bit more each day because of this ****. Players do want monthly champions to have diversity, of course, but I am sure most of them prefer to have BALANCE than diversity. Concentrate on buffing/nerfing the appropriate champions, solving bugs, and only after you could implement new champions. Else, you are just going to make people leave this fantastic game, and it'd be sad...
Normally I wouldn't bash someone like this but the +6 rating on this post provoked me, so here it goes:

You are an idiot. If 2/3 of the characters are equallt "broken" then they aren't broken, they are simply unique and better at certain aspects of the game. I will agree that there are some champions who are considerably worse than others (example: eve is much worse than fiddlesticks), but I know everyone who has played even 30 games has seen a great eve and a horrid fiddlesticks. Every character has potential and saying that 2/3 are broken only serves as a compliment to how balanced the characters truly are. On top of that, Riot is very productive with their patches but complete balance is IMPOSSIBLE. Instead, it seems that they will nerf the best champions and another one will rise to be "broken" and this creates a cycle. As far as games go, this is one of the most balanced by far.

Also, if there is a completely different Riot department working solely on character creation than they might as well do their job and create characters! What do you propose, they stop others balance the game? Balancing is a never ending process that will never be perfect, especially since a large portion of balancing is personal opinion. I say keep the content new and fresh: keep creating characters! It's a wonderful feat when a game continues to add to its content, balance the game, and actively listen to its community and Riot achieves it with flying colors.

ALSO, many characters can be played as multiple roles (example: Amumu can be a tank or AP; Tryndamere can be a physical DPS or a tank) due to the items in the game. And saying "ANOTHER DPS?!!!??!" when nothing but a drawing of the character has been released doesn't even deserve comment. And you say not enough mages? Anivia, Annie, Fiddlesticks, Ryze, Veigar, and Karthus are all what I would call strictly "mages" while many, many other characters can take on very successful AP builds [Heimer can easily perform as a mage; Zilean (though better as support) can be a mage; hell, Nunu might as well be called a really large mage].

Additionally, look at this: http://www.leagueoflegends.com/board...ad.php?t=28563 I have never seen a community debate a tier list as much as this one has. There is not one champion the majority of people can agree upon to be a certain tier (prominent examples: Nasus and Ashe)

I just don't understand what game you are playing after reading your comment, but it sure-as-hell can't be LoL.

BTW: Love the new character concept! Keep up the good work, Riot!

TheBlackPhoenix

01-24-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathanamus View Post
Normally I wouldn't bash someone like this [but I did anyway] but the +6 rating on this post provoked me,[because for some reason another person getting praise angers me] so here it goes:

You are an idiot[I sound smarter already]. If 2/3 of the characters are equallt "broken" then they aren't broken, they are simply unique and better at certain aspects of the game. I will agree that there are some champions who are bottom tier and top tier with a large difference between the two [Do you love how I contradict myself?] (example: eve would be bottom tier while fiddlesticks would be top tier), but I know everyone who has played even 30 games has seen a great eve and a horrid fiddlesticks. Every character has potential and saying that 2/3 are broken only serves as a compliment to how balanced the characters truly are. [tehee I did it again, Im good arent I?] On top of that, Riot is very productive with their patches but complete balance is IMPOSSIBLE. Instead, it seems that they will nerf the best champions and another one will rise to be "broken" and this creates a cycle. As far as games go, this is one of the most balanced by far. [Wow, I'm on a roll, I keep contradicting myself back-to-back]

Also, if there is a completely different Riot department working solely on character creation than they might as well do their job and create characters! [Notice how at this point it doesn't appear I read your post at all?] What do you propose, they stop others balance the game? Balancing is a never ending process that will never be perfect, especially since a large portion of balancing is personal opinion.[I say this even though I gave mine just earlier, and disregarded yours as false] I say keep the content new and fresh: keep creating characters! It's a wonderful feat when a game continues to add to its content, balance the game, and actively listen to its community and Riot achieves it with flying colors. [I'm sure by now you realized I did it again. I should get an award for most contradictions in a post]

ALSO, many characters can be played as multiple roles (example: Amumu can be a tank or AP; Tryndamere can be a physical DPS or a tank) due to the items in the game. And saying "ANOTHER DPS?!!!??!" when nothing but a drawing of the character has been released doesn't even deserve comment. [I'm sorry I just scanned your post and didn't actually read threw] And you say not enough mages? Anivia, Annie, Fiddlesticks, Ryze, Veigar, and Karthus are all what I would call strictly "mages" while many, many other characters can take on very successful AP builds [Heimer can easily perform as a mage; Zilean (though better as support) can be a mage; hell, Nunu might as well be called a really large mage]. [It's obvious I dont know what I'm talking about as I never look at the champion classes]

I just don't understand what game you are playing after reading your comment, but it sure-as-hell can't be LoL. [I have no clue why I put dashes here]

BTW: Love the new character concept! Keep up the good work, Riot!
Feel free to ask what your contradictions are and I'll be sure to answer any other questions.

Makedonas

01-25-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by RustyBarnacle View Post
'Fraid not. Clearly a roman soldier. Note the use of a hoplon rather than an aespis, and the corinthian helmet was also more of a roman thing.

for gods sake dude... what do you know about history? clearly nothing (?) its a freaking hoplite,nothing to do with romans the legeonaries. Corinthian helmet was used by corinthians (and rest Greeks includin Macedonians) and not by Romans. -.-

EmissaryShadow

Emissary of the League

01-25-2010

Pantheon is sporting a completely original armor and weapon design from the Runeterra tribe Stanpar in the Mount Gargantuan region. Further debate over origin may only be discussed by those who attach a masters degree in Runterran History and Anthropology

SexualMeguca

01-25-2010

may you release any information on when pantheon will come out, and how much will pantheon cost? please reply