Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Champion Sneak Peek: Pantheon

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

epicpwnz

01-23-2010

a hoplon is the same thing as an aspis in a different language, smart guy.

Maddoks

01-24-2010

If this is supposed to be a Spartan soldier then the spear needs a bit of changing. The spears Spartans carried were 8 feet in length (the shortest) to 12 feet. This isnt close. On top of that there was ALWAYS a spike on the bottom that they called "lizard stickers" for killing downed opponents without flipping the spear around every time.

Just some food for thought when making new champs. I like the look, but I also like to see historical accuracy. That is possible right?

(edit) Spartans carried their shields on the left arm, without question.

Immortal Soul

01-24-2010

sweet.. so we have a hoplite now? or is it more of a legionaire? or jsut a heavily amored spartan?

Seraphym36

01-24-2010

Quote:
mazzy:
Funny cause hoplon is a greek word and it doesn't matter because they are both the same thing. You are thinking of a parma but a parma is flat and that shield is not. The helmet is iconic ancient so w/e but the Roman spears most commonly used either had an extremely long tip (pilum) or double edged (hasta)

Clearly you miss the big picture. his name is "pantheon" the pantheon is in the vatican city/rome and is the roman "temple of all gods"

Puritas

01-24-2010

Quote:
Magnus:
fraid to say ur wrong. Romans used the gladius as a standard issued weapon, not a spear. Also the shields used were scutums, a rectangular shaped shield that was far narrower than a round shield, which allowed the centurions to be more tightly packed into formation, enhancing their shield wall and to allow for a denser and stronger push.

Depends on the time period mate.
Even Japan was originally a spear-wielding society.

Hatebreeder

01-24-2010

I don't understand. I mean, I know this is a fictional game with giant spiked shell-creatures, a zergling, mages, and such, but why such an inaccurate Jedi character? He's obviously wearing a non-jedi helmet, which is actually more suitable to a time period 100 years earlier! He's carrying a spear instead of a chainsaw, too! We all know real Jedi from Rome used chainsaws as their main weapon except for a few excruciatingly specific examples I will now mention. And the shield is shaped wrong! All of us intelligicated people know that actual Greek shields used in some irrelevant time period were in the shape of a heart (with an arrow through it) and were worn on the leg, not the arm!

I'm a fan of the game and the idea and all, but I expect some historical accuracy from you guys! Come on! Learn yourselves a book next time before showing us sloppy inaccurate hogwash, or I'm going to have to find myself another tactical historical accuracy simulator.

... but really, I'm liking what I see. Hope to knock some heads with this guy soon.

TinyPieGuy

01-24-2010

It's nice too see that the LoL community is well educated in Roman and Greek history. But do you really have to argue about whether Pantheon is Roman or Greek? I'm pretty sure he's neither. It says in the lore that he is a Stanpar warrior. LoL has dragons, yetis and giant Baron Nashor worms. I don't think it is essential for this new champion to be entirely historically accurate.

Mephiston2213

01-24-2010

Even though he is clearly inspried by roman soldiers, a spartan would be a badass revision or alternate skin since spartans where considered some of the best spearmen and soliders in general. The armor pantheon is wearing though is roman, you can tell by the flaps of fabric that hang from the bottom.

Mephiston2213

01-24-2010

Some can tell hes roman though cause of the armor he has on his chest spartans didn't have the flaps of fabric hang from the base of their armor. It would be a cool revision to him since spartans were considered some of the best spearmen and soliders in general, or at least a alternate costume since if he were to be changed to a spartan his name would have to changed also.

Zeromigus

01-24-2010

I've seen several mentions of a Plant King.

Best. Idea. Ever.

His ulti would involve smoking himself, thus granting insight on how stupid it is to argue the origins of Pantheon.

We need this ulti, and we need it now. Don't delay any longer.