Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

I really don't understand the balance team...

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Rortik

10-06-2014

I mean, I accept that sometimes there's gonna be a change I don't agree with. But here's what happens.

There's someone who's super strong because a certain aspect of their kit is OP.

Riot goes and nerfs some other part of the champion, usually their base stats (*cough* Riven *cough*)

It doesn't work, so 3 months later they nerf the OP portion, but leave the low base stats turning the champ into trash tier for no reason.

Why has Riot not figured this out?

OGZ Bob Gnarly

10-06-2014

I'm more confused by putting ''We know this champion is way broken, but we'll take care of it next patch, you'll see.' in the patch notes, and then next patch, they give said champion tons of compensation buffs to make them way more broken than they were in the first place. IE Lucian.

If you have to assure people that you are working on a champion because they are THAT game warping, you DO NOT BUFF THEM WITH THE NERFS.

Eleshakai

Recruiter

10-06-2014

It's simple... the game is so close to balanced that minor changes WILL send a champ from OP to trash in our eyes. So we're harsh on them because the reality is that the game's balance is that precarious.