Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

How do I play Riven late game?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

DoYouEvenRival

10-06-2014

Hey guys, I am having difficulties playing Riven to an effective level late game during teamfights, I always seem to be focused and instantly killed before I can do any real damage. What should my positioning be, and how should I be approaching teamfights? Any tips on what to do and how I should do it would be very appreciated. Thanks!

Ballserium

Recruiter

10-06-2014

rqweeqwqweqwewqqweqweqwewqeqwwqqweqweqweqe

Congrats, you got 3 pentas.

Seriously, her Q has 3 attacks and 3 empowered AA's which do immense AoE damage and is on a 7 sec CD
her shield dash is on a 3 sec CD.
her stun is AoE
her ult is basically a better Vayne ult with a GIGANTIC AoE execute attached.

Supa Devil Juice

10-06-2014

Welp, I'm still relatively new to the game. Only 1 year under my belt. What I've learned after sort of maining Riven about team fights is that she blows the donkey dick soooo hard if you don't have a tank.

Any person with an ounce of common sense will just have the team focus the Riven whom if not full tank (lol) will die in like 2 seconds.

The only way to team fight with Riven is if a tank goes in first to soak up some amount of abilities. Basically you wanna be the last person into the fight.

It's kinda like playing Katarina, only you don't just mash the keys as fast.

Worst Riven EUNA

10-06-2014

Quote:
Ballserium:
rqweeqwqweqwewqqweqweqwewqeqwwqqweqweqweqe

Congrats, you got 3 pentas.

Seriously, her Q has 3 attacks and 3 empowered AA's which do immense AoE damage and is on a 7 sec CD
her shield dash is on a 3 sec CD.
her stun is AoE
her ult is basically a better Vayne ult with a GIGANTIC AoE execute attached.

^ Someone who has no idea how Riven works and can just state blank kit.

Lategame, never, ever engage, unless you're sure you can take a high priority target and get away. Get Distortion boots, you *need* Flash to engage or you lose damage or shields by using Q or E to gap close. Flash > W > Hydra > Q > Ult can kill a carry and severely damage those around it if you can pull it off, but otherwise you need very good positioning.

Ballserium

Recruiter

10-06-2014

Quote:
Worst Riven EUNA:
^ Someone who has no idea how Riven works and can just state blank kit.

Lategame, never, ever engage, unless you're sure you can take a high priority target and get away. Get Distortion boots, you *need* Flash to engage or you lose damage or shields by using Q or E to gap close. Flash > W > Hydra > Q > Ult can kill a carry and severely damage those around it if you can pull it off, but otherwise you need very good positioning.

I didn't say engage, did I? Let your tank initiate (should be your jungler or supp), and enjoy getting dem killsz. Also its hard to focus Riven when you also need to focus the adc. if you kill one the other kills you.

Doctor Zoidberg

10-06-2014

If you're ridiculously fed, try and go for their carries.

If you aren't, peel for your own until most of the CC is spent in the fight, then do w/e.

You do so much raw damage that death really is a CC.