Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Animated Loading Screens hinted?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

PlatinumRooster

10-06-2014

Thoughts?

Counter arguments:

1.It wouldn't effect your toaster PC teammates because it's a separate loading element that'd most likely be pre-loaded.

2.Obviously it's going to be able to be toggled.

Soure: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fmI_Ndrxy14 22 Seconds in. VERY brief.

Jaee1994

10-06-2014

Why would you not provide source?

PlatinumRooster

10-06-2014

Quote:
Jaee1994:
Why would you not provide source?

Hmmm. Perhaps I thought too many people already talked about it. Wanted to be subtle for a potentially monotonous subject.

Source: The 2014 Worlds video when the original character sits at his computer. You can see the loading screen with animated pictures.

PlatinumRooster

10-06-2014

My thought is that it's a strong hint because of how brief the scene was and it certainly wasn't a very necessary one of just him cracking his knuckles.

Konidias

10-06-2014

It's gotta mean something. As a professional animator, it would be a bit overkill to animate the loading screen for no reason since it's literally there for like 1-2 seconds and the actual loading screen in the game is just still images.

Unless you had a lot of extra time to animate that shot and just wanted to screw with people lol.

JiggIyPuffs

10-06-2014

It's an animation, so they animated things. I don't really consider this a hint at animated loading screens, especially when there's so many people who play on toasters.

I imagine Riots alot like Blizzard, they wan't to keep this game as less CPU/RAM/GPU intensive as possible so that they can secure a wider audience.

All the toaster kids would cry that they're freezing at the loading screen, and that might hurt Riots chances of said kids stealing their mothers credit cards to purchase skins.

It would be nice, but I don't see it happening.

Ballserium

Recruiter

10-06-2014

They made one of the players a summoner.
Think they just took a lot of liberties.

RexSaur

10-06-2014

Doubt it, it something pretty pointless anyway.