Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

How do you win with the new Soraka?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Afflictid

10-06-2014

Spirit Visage and Frozen Heart are your friends.

DreamLeviathan

10-06-2014

arguments between support players always look so hostile

DlVA

10-06-2014

Quote:
Crabby:
I have a very good hit rate with Q, but it feels like it does very little even with a heavy AP page.

The problem is that you think Soraka is good at poking, when she is not that much, or there are much better options for that.. I prefer playing Soraka as a HEALER, because that what she is, that's why I choose to max W, it will improve both my Q and W heal and Q won't make me go oom so quickly because it will have a low rank. If you're looking for a support that excels at doing damage then don't play Soraka..

joemommasmomma

10-06-2014

Quote:
Crabby:
But how can you position when you need to be literally 400 range away from you carry? It's worse than Sona and her Aura.

How can i position?

the right click.

joemommasmomma

10-06-2014

if you score isnt something like

0-2-18

you are playing her wrong.

had some 30 + assists in long games as her recently too

gourl88

Recruiter

10-06-2014

Quote:
Enfys Ellezard:
You use Equinox right after they gap closing in, or before they do. It prevents any further combo and pretty much guarantee a snare. If it's a ranged type, land it on them before the ranged CC skill shot hits. PRevents any further chaining and burst combo.

If you're using Equinox to initiate or to poke, you're already doing it wrong. Equinox is for follow-up on AoE CC (No flash allow, guaranteed Snare with huge base damage) or to prevent engage.

lol wut?

Crabby

10-06-2014

Quote:
Enfys Ellezard:

If you call that kind of damage which also comes with enough heal for one more W not worth, no wonder you're consistent when it comes to having poor performance.

I rarely take damage in lane and rarely have to heal my ADC in lane. And other supports seem to do significantly more damage more easily. Again if you want to add me and show me go for it.

Quote:
Stop treating Q as another "Get me kills" move. You don't even have a utility mage-support mind set.

What does this even mean?

Enfys Ellezard

10-06-2014

Quote:
Crabby:
I rarely take damage in lane and rarely have to heal my ADC in lane. And other supports seem to do significantly more damage more easily. Again if you want to add me and show me go for it.

If it's someone like Sona then obv she will outdamage you, she's a mage-support. She uses passive and Q for damage.

Every support has their own niche. Sona is an all-around mage type. Soraka is the cockclocking cancerous heal and poke type. If there's any GD I played with around reading this, they can confirm just how cancerous my raka is as both support and mid.

Quote:
Crabby:

What does this even mean?

Soraka only has 1 reliable damage source. Q. The Q damage is huge but even then, 330 potential burst damage is NOT enough for a kill. She's not a Sona or a Lulu who can even solo the other side easily when ahead as support.

Quote:
joemommasmomma:
if you score isnt something like

0-2-18

you are playing her wrong.

This guy know what he's talking about except for the warmog part.

joemommasmomma

10-06-2014

trust in the warmog

i usually only have a giants belt and some regen beads

AP is what raka really wants though

MobileVortex

10-06-2014

Get the Heart of Gold and you will win gamez...

Simple as that.