Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

How do you win with the new Soraka?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

joemommasmomma

10-06-2014

Quote:
Orbv:
Where the heck is this gold coming from and why would you build a warmogs?

Gold? my adc will get me a ton of assists because raka can keep him/her alive.

warmogs?

for the regen you silly goose.

Crabby

10-06-2014

Quote:
Enfys Ellezard:
Learn positioning
Land the damn Q when they go in to CS
And don't max W first. Q>W>E

All you have to do is stand at the back, Equinox all burst mages/assassins, land one star call so you can heal 2 more times for 600 a pop with wish healing 1k. Not hard. Broken and easy to play. Sadly, most of the players are broken in the head too.

I'd love to support against you, see just how well you do against my Sona. There's no need to be smug about it, I'm asking a genuine question here, and it seems to be more than just positioning, especially since her utility puts her at extremely dangerous range.

And putting out a Q when they go to CS isn't feasible considering the damn thing wrecks your mana bar extremely hard, and I can't rush an Athene's like you do as LANE soraka.

Crabby

10-06-2014

Quote:
joemommasmomma:
Gold? my adc will get me a ton of assists because raka can keep him/her alive.

But if anything goes wrong you'll die in an instant in the fight. The 400ish range on heal can put you in a rather bad spot, especially if they're diving the back line.

My assists tend to be better on nearly any other support now, and her gold requirements are just insane ._.

Also wouldn't SV/Locket be a better choice than Warmog's

Enfys Ellezard

10-06-2014

Quote:
Crabby:
I'd love to support against you, see just how well you do against my Sona. There's no need to be smug about it, I'm asking a genuine question here, and it seems to be more than just positioning, especially since her utility puts her at extremely dangerous range.

And putting out a Q when they go to CS isn't feasible considering the damn thing wrecks your mana bar extremely hard, and I can't rush an Athene's like you do as LANE soraka.

Every game with a sight stone is me supporting and I'm hella fed from the kills + assists and CS when my ADC isn't around because Soraka is one of the easiest support to get assists with.

I don't even go OOM as a SUPPORT soraka. Conserving mana is something any smart support will know, especially when it comes to skill shotting. I'm sorry you can't land a big as **** skill shot. Ancient Coin + Mastery is more than enough for your mana. I don't spam Q everytime it's off CD. I use it when I know it will hit or when I need vision in the brush. I don't even bother using Equinox unless they engage on me. Just watch some of the support replay I always upload for a friend and you will see.

ceaselessphantom

10-06-2014

Quote:
Orbv:
Where the heck is this gold coming from

New Soraka is gold dependent. If you want to make use of her you need ap.

Crabby

10-06-2014

Quote:
Enfys Ellezard:
Every game with a sight stone is me supporting and I'm hella fed from the kills + assists and CS when my ADC isn't around because Soraka is one of the easiest support to get assist with.

Kills? How the hell are you forcing kills? I mean unless it's the ADC carrying you :^)

Quote:

I don't even go OOM as a SUPPORT soraka. Conserving mana is something any smart support will know, especially when it comes to skill shotting.

I don't have mana issues on even Lulu, Soraka is the my real issue. Her damage to mana ratio is just pretty damn low unless you can consistently hit the center each and every time, and unless you're playing against bots or brain dead morons that won't happen.

Quote:
I'm sorry you can't land a big as **** skill shot. Ancient Coin + Mastery is more than enough for your mana. I don't spam Q everytime it's off CD. I use it when I know it will hit or when I need vision in the brush. I don't even bother using Equinox unless they engage on me. Just watch some of the support replay I always upload for a friend and you will see.

I have a very good hit rate with Q, but it feels like it does very little even with a heavy AP page.

joemommasmomma

10-06-2014

Quote:
Crabby:
But if anything goes wrong you'll die in an instant in the fight. The 400ish range on heal can put you in a rather bad spot, especially if they're diving the back line.

My assists tend to be better on nearly any other support now, and her gold requirements are just insane ._.

Also wouldn't SV/Locket be a better choice than Warmog's

But if anything goes wrong with any champ you'll die..

raka has no escape. so keep your position in mind.

and always save you E.

I've considered locket, but screw that. Buying all that AP you will really only need the warmog as your defensive item.

Just stay behind your adc in teamfights. E when you need to keep people off him/her and spam your W.

it is awkward letting your adc stay in front but that is how you have to play her.

and yes, raka dies easily. position=important

Enfys Ellezard

10-06-2014

Quote:
Crabby:
Kills? How the hell are you forcing kills? I mean unless it's the ADC carrying you :^)

Landing a level'd Q twice or landing one to an Equinox is the reason why my ADC gets the kill in the first place. But, it's kay, it's easy to assume the ADC is the one carrying instead of trying to get better.

Quote:
Crabby:

I don't have mana issues on even Lulu, Soraka is the my real issue. Her damage to mana ratio is just pretty damn low unless you can consistently hit the center each and every time, and unless you're playing against bots or brain dead morons that won't happen.

If you call that kind of damage which also comes with enough heal for one more W not worth, no wonder you're consistent when it comes to having poor performance.

Quote:
Crabby:

I have a very good hit rate with Q, but it feels like it does very little even with a heavy AP page.

Stop treating Q as another "Get me kills" move. You don't even have a utility mage-support mind set.

Crabby

10-06-2014

Quote:
joemommasmomma:

and yes, raka dies easily. position=important

But how can you position when you need to be literally 400 range away from you carry? It's worse than Sona and her Aura.

ceaselessphantom

10-06-2014

Quote:
Crabby:

That is the issue with new Soraka. She actually does have high scaling since she can sustain entire teams with gold but she does not have a lot of options towards getting said gold.