Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

How do you win with the new Soraka?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Crabby

10-06-2014

Obviously people are but I can't figure it out. Her mana issues are 10x worse than before, extremely limited playmaking ability in and out of lane, extremely easy to catch out and kill because slow as balls and has no escapes, etc.

I dunno like I do pretty good in lane, but it takes a rather extreme effort of managing mana, even with mana regen runes, for a very "meh" reward. Her poke is ok but it's really hard to land on far away targets and has very limited use outside of laning phase. Her silence and ult is great, but that's pretty much it, and it doesn't seem to be enough.

I just feel like my utility is too limited, ESPECIALLY if I don't win lane. I've had far better luck with the New Sona but I still want to make Soraka work.

So I gots to know: How the hell do you make goat lady function as a support now?

Enfys Ellezard

10-06-2014

She's broken as ****. How the hell are you losing with her?

-Check build-

Oh
Raka Tank
HAHAHAH

Go AP.

SunflowerFox

Recruiter

10-06-2014

I take flat mana runes and that helps early game.
Other than that I'd have to agree with you. I'm up for hearing any tips.

Treyen

10-06-2014

Push the butt0nz

Crabby

10-06-2014

Quote:
Enfys Ellezard:
She's broken as ****. How the hell are you losing with her?

-Check build-

Oh
Raka Tank
HAHAHAH

Go AP.

Broken? Every Soraka I've seen in gold has sucked, AP or not. I've tried the AP build myself and I died to literally a small breeze before doing anything useful.

joemommasmomma

10-06-2014

build:

cdr boots
talisman
sight stone
Deathcap
Warmogs
zhonyas

play styl: stand behind adc. heal them

Orbv

10-06-2014

Quote:
Crabby:
Broken? Every Soraka I've seen in gold has sucked, AP or not. I've tried the AP build myself and I died to literally a small breeze before doing anything useful.

I've played her about 15 times. I still cannot understand how she is supposed to survive a dive by anyone. The only times I'm not blown up are when teams fail to realize that she has close to no armor/mr and can't protect herself. The silence can save you from AP, but any AD will relish in the free gold.

Orbv

10-06-2014

Quote:
joemommasmomma:
build:

cdr boots
talisman
sight stone
Deathcap
Warmogs
zhonyas

play styl: stand behind adc. heal them

Where the heck is this gold coming from and why would you build a warmogs?

Enfys Ellezard

10-06-2014

Quote:
Crabby:

Learn positioning
Land the damn Q when they go in to CS
And don't max W first. Q>W>E

All you have to do is stand at the back, Equinox all burst mages/assassins, land one star call so you can heal 2 more times for 600 a pop with wish healing 1k. Not hard. Broken and easy to play. Sadly, most of the players are broken in the head too.

Enfys Ellezard

10-06-2014

Quote:
Orbv:
I've played her about 15 times. I still cannot understand how she is supposed to survive a dive by anyone. The only times I'm not blown up are when teams fail to realize that she has close to no armor/mr and can't protect herself. The silence can save you from AP, but any AD will relish in the free gold.

You use Equinox right after they gap closing in, or before they do. It prevents any further combo and pretty much guarantee a snare. If it's a ranged type, land it on them before the ranged CC skill shot hits. PRevents any further chaining and burst combo.

If you're using Equinox to initiate or to poke, you're already doing it wrong. Equinox is for follow-up on AoE CC (No flash allow, guaranteed Snare with huge base damage) or to prevent engage.