Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Darius

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

R3dlegend

10-06-2014

I'll just make this simple and see what other people's thoughts are.

Darius' passive makes it impossible to anything early game.

Darius' ultimate is way too op, and allow me to compare it to somebody. Garen's ult does magic damage, buy a hexdrink, you're in the clear. Darius' ult does true damage, not only it ignores all armor, but if he kills you then he can use it again. Darius is the type of champion that can go full tank and still do damage like he's an adc.

Thoughts?

Onan the man99

10-06-2014

Quinn says hi.

Except for the fact that adc Darius has a very small circle in which he can deal that damage. If you try to out bully him early game as a melee champ, your playing the wrong way.

R3dlegend

10-06-2014

Quote:
Onan the man99:
Quinn says hi.

Except for the fact that adc Darius has a very small circle in which he can deal that damage. If you try to out bully him early game as a melee champ, your playing the wrong way.

Any suggestions for counters? Besides Quinn? I mainly just don't like how his ult is true damage. The only way I've found to beat him and get him cocky then stun him under your turret.

Onan the man99

10-06-2014

Suggestions for counter besides quinn? almost any ranged champ, vayne, lulu, even gnar when he is tiny. Building wise i'd rush randuins and Mercury Treads (if you insist on using a fighter top). Have your jungler gank early and often before he gets 6. I've out-bullied a Darius as Jarvan before with one gank from my jungler that resulted in a kill.

EffectFX

10-06-2014

Build HP.

R3dlegend

10-06-2014

Quote:
EffectFX:
Build HP.

That's the problem, his passive always takes out your hp when somebody engages.

Adrian Umbra

Recruiter

10-06-2014

Quote:
R3dlegend:
That's the problem, his passive always takes out your hp when somebody engages.

His passive takes out your HP? You mean it does damage? I didn't know it was supposed to do that. I figured it was supposed to heal you instead.

All sarcasm aside, health screws over Darius. It affects all of his damage, including the true damage. If you're building health and you trade Darius, you're probably going to have more health than him afterwards. Repeat until he's dead.

On a related note, armor also really helps against Darius, as most of his damage is physical. I know he has magic and true damage. But it's a case of Vayne syndrome where the unusual damage types are actually less threatening than the main one.

Lost R

10-06-2014

Darius's main weakness is his lack of range and mobility. Unlike Renekton, Jax or Garen, he can't suddenly gain a burst of speed unless there are enemies with hemorrhaging stacks nearby, which means he needs to have already been in combat with them, which usually means they initiated the fight or were complacent enough that he got the drop on them.

Darius's strength is when the enemy gets too close. If you're the type of champion that needs to go all in and escape and safety is guaranteed only when the enemy is dead before they can react, then yes, Darius will cause you grief. He crushes the weak; that's his thing.

Regarding his ult, Darius's execute works better on champions that have more hemorrhaging stacks and lack the sheer HP to endure through the pain. Again, crushing the weak.