Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Macro bot abusers

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

MateriaKnight

10-06-2014

I'm going to post this thread in every section I personally feel relates to this issue until a Riot member notices. The issue being in AI games, and for all I know, actual PVP.

Consecutively I and at least three other players suffer the consequences of a macro bot player that rushes mid lane, only to feed the enemy, buy insensible items, and simply AA the nearest enemy unit throughout the entire game. This happens to me for what feels like nearly 7/10 games at a time. Granted, it's bots and while getting victory isn't impossible, it's the ******* principal that counts here and I'm royally pissed some freeloader isn't putting forth the actual effort real players are and getting free IP.

This is blatant disrespect for not only the game itself but players and all of Riot, and it needs to be fixed immediately. The only solution I can think that could easily solve this problem from the players side is to report the account of the said abusers and make a list for hopefully someone in Riot that cares, check the match history for consistent 0/5+/?+ in AI games, and permaban those ********.

To whom it may concern, thanks in advance for your time.

PurpleYukari

10-06-2014

1. I am also noticing this recently.
2. I think riot is aware of the issue and I have seen them issue bans against bots (because the known bots. The problem is that bot makers are in an arms race with riot. Probably, riot could do some automated analysis to detect botting summoners, the problem is that the bot makers might have ways to evade that analysis.
3. Honestly riot doesn't want lists made out of summoner names of bots in case someone who is not a bot gets on a list. Feel free to go through lolking and report bot summoners after your analysis with a support ticket.
4. I notice that some of the recent bots tend to have summoner names with two random words and two digits. And they always pick flash/ghost and always do random free week champions.
5. Riot is partially stemming the abuse by capping the amount of time that players can play for IP rewards on Co-op vs. AI games, but maybe more can be done. Unfortunately, the changes will also affect human players.

Verideathul

10-06-2014

Quote:
MateriaKnight:
I'm going to post this thread in every section I personally feel relates to this issue until a Riot member notices. The issue being in AI games, and for all I know, actual PVP.

This is known as forum spamming, and is not okay as per forum rules. Don't worry...I fully believe that Riot is looking at these forums. You just might not the Red response you were hoping for.

Quote:
Consecutively I and at least three other players suffer the consequences of a macro bot player that rushes mid lane, only to feed the enemy, buy insensible items, and simply AA the nearest enemy unit throughout the entire game. This happens to me for what feels like nearly 7/10 games at a time. Granted, it's bots and while getting victory isn't impossible, it's the ******* principal that counts here and I'm royally pissed some freeloader isn't putting forth the actual effort real players are and getting free IP.

I'm pretty sure everyone agrees with you...I think that Riot has to be aware of the issues too because of the amount of threads on this subject. Time may just be needed to (hopefully) put in a new kind of report for these bots.

Quote:
This is blatant disrespect for not only the game itself but players and all of Riot, and it needs to be fixed immediately. The only solution I can think that could easily solve this problem from the players side is to report the account of the said abusers and make a list for hopefully someone in Riot that cares, check the match history for consistent 0/5+/?+ in AI games, and permaban those ********.

I don't think it's as simple as 0/5+/?+ in AI, but I'm sure there are ways to track users who don't use skills and just AA, or those who are just botting.

Edit: Shen'd.

MateriaKnight

10-06-2014

Thank you for the hopeful insights people. Sorry if this came across as obnoxious, it's just that I've yet to see a response anywhere about this same issue other than from people agreeing with the problem needing to be acknowledged.