Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Lol or Wow

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

KFCAsianWonton

Recruiter

10-06-2014

I been thinking about playing wow but i dont know if its the same gameplay as lol.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Narcissit

10-06-2014

I wasn't going to initially reply to this post, however considering the fact that I am a former WOW player, I figure why not. WoW and League are 2 different game play styles. Where league is more of a strategic game style, WoW is more of a grind/world travel. In wow you got to make your characters more individualized, however that really doesn't come until end game content. The first 90 to 100 levels whatever the level cap is now, is just an annoying grind unless your into running around an doing quest after quest after quest. At end game, you do get to raid dungeons an kill raid bosses and get into real pvp an get some sweet looking gear, however until that point the game is pretty boring. Back in older expansion when world pvp was a regular thing that made it fun, that is more uncommon now.

In the few months, I've played league, I find it more enjoyable then the 4 years I played WOW. Where league is fun through the leveling process, WoW is not. The PVP is more balanced in league than in WOW. Yes a champion maybe a little more powered than others, but that champion can still lose. Its more of a skill cap vs in wow where a player can face roll if that particular class is overpowered at the moment.

You really have to experience for yourself, no one can really tell you which is more enjoyable. Its all opinion base whom ever you get advice from. I'm not doing WoW in anyway it is a great game, I personally enjoy League better. I would suggest watching steaming on twitch or gameplay on youtube to see if its something you will like.